Manual dexterity demonstration in dentistry interview?

Watch this thread
Spartcus
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
If you have no history of anything manual dexterity related. Is it possible to take up something manual dexterity related and go at it everyday to perfect it and bring it to dental school interview if you have it within a few months? I have heard of people doing RC plane models made form 140 pieces and bring it to interview.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Very possible. I started knitting a very simple scarf, took it with me in its half-completed state and then promptly abandoned it after the interview.
Spartcus
Rep:
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Very possible. I started knitting a very simple scarf, took it with me in its half-completed state and then promptly abandoned it after the interview.
Lol are you from Iraq by any chance? And did you manage to get in?
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Spartcus)
Lol are you from Iraq by any chance? And did you manage to get in?
I always appreciate someone who knows their history
And yes, I did.
TEARSlol
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
And yes, I did.
hiii, i was wondering if you had any tips for the interview process?
Spartcus
Rep:
And yes, I did.
Which university if you don't mind me asking? I am from Iraq and a big massive history enthusiast. I have the Akkadian to English dictionary at home lol and I used to practise cuneiform.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
My friend brought some paintings to his interview. I'm pretty sure he did them exclusively for the interview as he is not an artistic person in the slightest!
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by TEARSlol)
hiii, i was wondering if you had any tips for the interview process?
- If you have an in person interview, I highly recommend planning to arrive 1 hours in advance as you never know what might happen!

- Remain calm - which I know is easier said than done, but take deep breaths, try relaxation methods and pause before answering if you think you need time to collect yourself (the interviewers don’t mind)

- If you need a question to be repeated, ask them! They don’t mind if you need to hear something again.

- Be presentable and wear smart clothing (but don’t overdo it, a shirt and smart trousers is find, no need for a tux or ball gown!)

- Smile and appear open and friendly

- Nod and if given the opportunity to ask a question at the end, do so as it shows interest in their course/university

- Take a bottle of water with you as you make get a dry mouth from anxiety

- Practice common dentistry interview questions which can be found online and do some research on each of the universities you are being interviewed at, including the campus, university in general, facilities and the course.

- Practice answering ethical scenario questions
Last edited by Mesopotamian.; 5 months ago
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Spartcus)
Which university if you don't mind me asking? I am from Iraq and a big massive history enthusiast. I have the Akkadian to English dictionary at home lol and I used to practise cuneiform.
The university I took my scarf to was Barts as they do panel interviews - it’s not really appropriate to take something to an MMI interview as you aren’t allowed to take anything in with you.

I also love history, it’s by far my favourite subject :five:
I absolutely adore ancient history and actually spent my summer doing two history courses on Coursera (yes, this is what I enjoy doing in my free time ). I’m so jealous, I need to get myself an Akkadian dictionary :eek:
TEARSlol
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
thank you soo much
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by TEARSlol)
thank you soo much
No problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (68)
66.02%
No (26)
25.24%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.74%

Watched Threads