Getting covid booster vaccine before 6 months

Watch this thread
sultangopi
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Is it ok to get the pfizer booster vaccine 4 months after 2nd dose. I recall the advice was 6 months initially?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
The vaccinators check the dates of your doses and don’t administer vaccines earlier than the recommended intervals.
sultangopi
Rep:
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
The vaccinators check the dates of your doses and don’t administer vaccines earlier than the recommended intervals.
I meant is it safe to have a booster at 4 months vs 6 months
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...oster-vaccine/

As far as I’m aware, and based on what the NHS website says, the interval is now 3 months. So if you’re in an eligible group you should be fine.
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I mean, it might have just be me, but when I had my second dose at a walk in centre the guidance said my age group should only have one dose. They didn’t bat an eyelid. Just did it. :dontknow:
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ReviseSleeping)

As far as I’m aware, and based on what the NHS website says, the interval is now 3 months. So if you’re in an eligible group you should be fine.

I mean, it might have just be me, but when I had my second dose at a walk in centre the guidance said my age group should only have one dose. They didn’t bat an eyelid. Just did it. :dontknow:
I mean technically they should follow the guidance (which is as I stated) - and some do, because I know vaccinators/ people involved in the vaccination effort - but obviously, not everyone will stick to the rules as closely. That goes for anything, so I’m not really surprised.
sultangopi
Rep:
(Original post by ReviseSleeping)

This is my worry for some reason. The fact it wqs meant to be 6 but is now 3
I had my 2nd dose in July so a little worried I am having so soon???
LouyLou
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Ive had my 2 doses and planning to get a booster in January new year (I'm getting a different vax this month, TB, and had my last covid jab August, had flu jab like a couple of weeks ago)
I'd say go off experiences you have had in the past with the jabs, if you were fine with the first 2 you will be fine with the booster, if they made you feel really unwell, then give it more thought. Also how bad you have reacted to other vaccines too maybe.
Also, you are not meant to have flu jab and covid jab close together just a reminder

If you decide to leave it a little longer, Ill maybe come back and let you know how my booster went since we had our last jabs similar times
sultangopi
Rep:
Felt fine after the first 2 jabs. Just a case of whether its too early for booster after 4 months
Last edited by sultangopi; 5 months ago
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sultangopi)
This is my worry for some reason. The fact it wqs meant to be 6 but is now 3
I had my 2nd dose in July so a little worried I am having so soon???
They changed it based on guidance from scientific advisors (think that’s their name). You’ll be fine, honestly.

As far as I’m aware there’s no specific guidance as to the vaccine intervals, as every country more than likely does it differently.
LouyLou
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Got my booster last week and it made me very ill for too days, so make sure you have painkillers to hand
Muscle aches and very tired (however i was on my period so it probably made me worse since i get muscle aches then anyways, so if you have periods i would arrange it for a time you dont have yours)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (131)
66.16%
No (45)
22.73%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.11%

Watched Threads