The Student Room Group

Did my girlfriend cheat or was she sexually coerced?

Hey guys, this past Wednesday my girlfriend told me that she slept with a guy she had history with. The even happened Tuesday night. We have been dating for almost 2 years. I know who this guy is but just not personally I’ve been told that this man is bipolar and pretty manipulative. My girlfriend has anxieties, is also a people pleaser, she puts the world on her shoulders, and will always try to make peace in any situation. During our relationship my girlfriend has told me stories about them together and my girlfriend knows that I do not like this guy at all and I didn’t want him Involved in any part of our lives especially hers so I asked her to block him on all parts of social media. I also asked her to block his phone number. It has been a long time since she last heard from him. Then suddenly on Tuesday the guy found a way to get in contact with her via cash app, The guy begged my girlfriend for her phone number because he said it was urgent with something he needed to talk to her about. After giving away her number the reason the guy wanted to Come to her house to reconcile everything and to become friends again. Initially my girlfriend kept saying no, but after multiple attempts of begging she eventually said yes and let him come over. She says after a long conversation at the house they eventually squashed everything and everything seemed OK. Later that night They decided to smoke weed together and watch a movie. During the movie she said she fell asleep and then eventually she woke up to him kissing up on her. She said she woke up in shock and asked what the guy was doing. She says that the guy responded saying He was still in love with my girlfriend and then Kept pursuing kiss on her and touch her. She says she initially kept pushing him away and told him that they shouldn’t be doing this. However the guy continue to keep going and she said that she eventually gave in. They had sex and then towards the end the guy call my girlfriend that he was going to Ejaculate in her she also pushed him away and said no. However she also told me that she felt held down by his hands. When she first told me that she did this I was extremely angry with her and I blew up on her but after I told her that the relationship was over, I wanted an explanation to what happened and this is what she told me. After that whole exclamation I asked why didn’t you resist more because at first I didn’t want to completely believe her but she told me that she felt pressured by him, and didn’t want things to escalate if she kept resisting. Now, my girlfriend has had a tiny history of lying to me, but she has told me that she has been sexually assaulted before and that she lost her virginity by being raped by her ex boyfriend and has also been in an abusive relationship with that ex-boyfriend. (!!!!!The ex-boyfriend and the guy in the story or not the same person!!!!) I am not extremely knowledgeable in regards to the difference between rape, sexual coercion, and sexual assault. Did she really cheat on me or is this something else? Am I wrong for almost not wanting to believe her? And if I leave her and it’s actually true, then what? Idk what to do
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, this past Wednesday my girlfriend told me that she slept with a guy she had history with. The even happened Tuesday night. We have been dating for almost 2 years. I know who this guy is but just not personally I’ve been told that this man is bipolar and pretty manipulative. My girlfriend has anxieties, is also a people pleaser, she puts the world on her shoulders, and will always try to make peace in any situation. During our relationship my girlfriend has told me stories about them together and my girlfriend knows that I do not like this guy at all and I didn’t want him Involved in any part of our lives especially hers so I asked her to block him on all parts of social media. I also asked her to block his phone number. It has been a long time since she last heard from him. Then suddenly on Tuesday the guy found a way to get in contact with her via cash app, The guy begged my girlfriend for her phone number because he said it was urgent with something he needed to talk to her about. After giving away her number the reason the guy wanted to Come to her house to reconcile everything and to become friends again. Initially my girlfriend kept saying no, but after multiple attempts of begging she eventually said yes and let him come over. She says after a long conversation at the house they eventually squashed everything and everything seemed OK. Later that night They decided to smoke weed together and watch a movie. During the movie she said she fell asleep and then eventually she woke up to him kissing up on her. She said she woke up in shock and asked what the guy was doing. She says that the guy responded saying He was still in love with my girlfriend and then Kept pursuing kiss on her and touch her. She says she initially kept pushing him away and told him that they shouldn’t be doing this. However the guy continue to keep going and she said that she eventually gave in. They had sex and then towards the end the guy call my girlfriend that he was going to Ejaculate in her she also pushed him away and said no. However she also told me that she felt held down by his hands. When she first told me that she did this I was extremely angry with her and I blew up on her but after I told her that the relationship was over, I wanted an explanation to what happened and this is what she told me. After that whole exclamation I asked why didn’t you resist more because at first I didn’t want to completely believe her but she told me that she felt pressured by him, and didn’t want things to escalate if she kept resisting. Now, my girlfriend has had a tiny history of lying to me, but she has told me that she has been sexually assaulted before and that she lost her virginity by being raped by her ex boyfriend and has also been in an abusive relationship with that ex-boyfriend. (!!!!!The ex-boyfriend and the guy in the story or not the same person!!!!) I am not extremely knowledgeable in regards to the difference between rape, sexual coercion, and sexual assault. Did she really cheat on me or is this something else? Am I wrong for almost not wanting to believe her? And if I leave her and it’s actually true, then what? Idk what to do

Also when the guy said that he was going to ejaculate in her, and she said she pushed him away and said no but but felt held down by his hands, He ejaculate it in her anyway

she didnt consent to it (as you mentioned). so it was rape. I've never heard of 'sexual coercion', its just rape even if you're manipulated into doing it. if she didnt 'resist enough' as you said, we can't judge her for that as she must've 'froze' out of fear and confusion. After all, she was alone with a man who was probably stronger than her and we can never assume how it would feel to be in the same situation as hers.

you should report the guy to the police. (unconscious people do not want tea)
Reply 4
Original post by mk_dreamer24

Don't make them drink the tea.

Waking up like that isn't putting you in a good position to do much, you're starting from a major position of weakness in getting them away.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
Don't make them drink the tea.

Waking up like that isn't putting you in a good position to do much, you're starting from a major position of weakness in getthing them away.

exactly! it takes a while for you to understand your surroundings.
Reply 6
Also when the guy said that he was going to ejaculate in her, and she said she pushed him away and said no but but felt held down by his hands, He ejaculate it in her anyway

This could also be seen as rape.

Can you please split up massive blocks of text? It's virtually impossible for the average user to read...
Sexual coercion (where actual sex occurs) is simply rape.
If you leave her and it's true, then nothing... the story would no longer be of concern to you.
she was raped.
Reply 9
There are two separate issues here..

1) It did arguably become sexual assualt (not sure it should be considered the same crime as rape personally but that's a legalism and the current law would probably deem it so).

2) 'She gave in''Felt pressured'. While not exactly enticing it this definitely did start out as cheating. It is not at that stage excusable in my opinion. It's along the same lines of 'i was drunk', you cannot make an accomodation simply because she had a weak mind. She should have told him to go or hit him in the testees.
(edited 2 years ago)
She didn't cheat and she wasn't coerced. She was raped. If you are angry at her for that, perhaps she would better off not being in a relationship with you.
Reply 11
Original post by mk_dreamer24

lol u seen the youtube video lol
Original post by black tea
She didn't cheat and she wasn't coerced. She was raped. If you are angry at her for that, perhaps she would better off not being in a relationship with you.

thank you! I hope more men can realise that... and many do but way too many don't.
Original post by Rakas21
There are two separate issues here..

1) It did arguably become sexual assualt (not sure it should be considered the same crime as rape personally but that's a legalism and the current law would probably deem it so).

2) 'She gave in''Felt pressured'. While not exactly enticing it this definitely did start out as cheating. It is not at that stage excusable in my opinion. It's along the same lines of 'i was drunk', you cannot make an accomodation simply because she had a weak mind. She should have told him to go or hit him in the testees.

I don't agree with your second point. What if he was a much stronger man? It's not that easy to just hit a man in the testees when you're a woman and alone. Are we really victim blaming here?
Original post by Awais.
lol u seen the youtube video lol

school deadass made us all watch it :s-smilie:

Sad for her.

Focus on yourself.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending