Hubaira Ishrat
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Greeting, This is Hubaira speaking. I'm here to discuss my problem with you but the main point is this year 2021 I've finished my high School (12th Standard) but due to financial issues twice the time I wouldn't be able to give the A level exam. The Subject I have chosen is a Combination of PCM and I'm regretting choosing them hence I'm not able to achieve a high level of points [which also means I'm forcing myself to study hard]. Still, now I'm taking A level Tuition for growing better grade but due to this problem I unable to do better I'm Scared if this continued like this I'd never succeed, I wish I would have changed this subject but my family won't agree with this as they said you have to repeat everything and this will impact your time too so they want me to study further so when I applied to university I can choose whichever field I want. This isn't going right with me that is why I have decided to look forward to my future. Through the internet, I research a lot about Foundation Course, however, I know only a few universities will accept this without an A-Level according to my subject. The possibility for me is to study engineering, computing. In fact, I'm generally interested in Criminology, Aviation so I want to ask whether the university will accept me with PCM without A level? Besides, I'm likely to start preparing for the IELTS Exam for university.
Last edited by Hubaira Ishrat; 1 month ago
BoogieBump
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hubaira Ishrat)
Greeting, This is Hubaira speaking. I'm here to discuss my problem with you but the main point is this year 2021 I've finished my high School (12th Standard) but due to financial issues twice the time I wouldn't be able to give the A level exam. The Subject I have chosen is a Combination of PCM and I'm regretting choosing them hence I'm not able to achieve a high level of points [which also means I'm forcing myself to study hard]. Still, now I'm taking A level Tuition for growing better grade but due to this problem I unable to do better I'm Scared if this continued like this I'd never succeed, I wish I would have changed this subject but my family won't agree with this as they said you have to repeat everything and this will impact your time too so they want me to study further so when I applied to university I can choose whichever field I want. This isn't going right with me that is why I have decided to look forward to my future. Through the internet, I research a lot about Foundation Course, however, I know only a few universities will accept this without an A-Level according to my subject. The possibility for me is to study engineering, computing. In fact, I'm generally interested in Criminology, Aviation so I want to ask whether the university will accept me with PCM without A level? Besides, I'm likely to start preparing for the IELTS Exam for university.
You need some sort of Alevels or equivalent.
Do what you want to study not what others are saying. Once you know the exact course then contact universities for more specific information
Good luck.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There are one year International Foundation courses at most good Unis that are designed for people in your position - here are a few examples :
Bristol - http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...22/foundation/
Leeds - https://www.leeds.ac.uk/international-foundation-year
Durham - https://www.durhamisc.com/programmes...oundation-year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.45%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.7%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (138)
26.04%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.3%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (255)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.4%

Watched Threads