The Student Room Group

Struggling with A-level geography!

I am currently in year 13, and have mocks for geography in a few days. However I am really struggling with the physical content even understanding it. Idk waht to do. I tried a past past and it didn’t turn out well.
Please any help would be appreciated
Original post by mystudentlife
I am currently in year 13, and have mocks for geography in a few days. However I am really struggling with the physical content even understanding it. Idk waht to do. I tried a past past and it didn’t turn out well.
Please any help would be appreciated

Hey, I am also in year 13 and have my physical geography mock tomorrow. I really don't like geography a-level and literally feel I have to force myself to revise for it because of course, I still want to achieve a good grade. I'm not sure if you do AQA like I do but I recommend learning your case studies in-depth because they'll help you get those A01 marks. Learn what each question requires from you e.g. do they require knowledge only? knowledge and evaluation? You don't want to waste time adding irrelevant information into a question. Exam technique is key and practicing past papers, marking them STRICTLY based on the mark scheme can help train you to realise where you keep going wrong and hopefully you can improve on your question structure this way. Also, my teacher always brags about making synoptic links between topics as well as talking about scale e.g does the tectonic hazard impact the country on a global scale or is it only a local scale? There's also the NEA worth 20% of your grade so try your hardest in that too. Hopefully this helps as it is just what I have been using to get me through the a-level, good luck :smile:
Original post by sarahh.i
Hey, I am also in year 13 and have my physical geography mock tomorrow. I really don't like geography a-level and literally feel I have to force myself to revise for it because of course, I still want to achieve a good grade. I'm not sure if you do AQA like I do but I recommend learning your case studies in-depth because they'll help you get those A01 marks. Learn what each question requires from you e.g. do they require knowledge only? knowledge and evaluation? You don't want to waste time adding irrelevant information into a question. Exam technique is key and practicing past papers, marking them STRICTLY based on the mark scheme can help train you to realise where you keep going wrong and hopefully you can improve on your question structure this way. Also, my teacher always brags about making synoptic links between topics as well as talking about scale e.g does the tectonic hazard impact the country on a global scale or is it only a local scale? There's also the NEA worth 20% of your grade so try your hardest in that too. Hopefully this helps as it is just what I have been using to get me through the a-level, good luck :smile:

Ah good luck! I’ve got my mock Thursday. I do edexcel. I’m just completely stuck with physical content wise especially coasts. I jus don’t get ittttt
Original post by mystudentlife
Ah good luck! I’ve got my mock Thursday. I do edexcel. I’m just completely stuck with physical content wise especially coasts. I jus don’t get ittttt

maybe try flashcards by quizzing yourself, question on one side and then answer the question to urself before flipping it and checking the answer or you can just use previously made flashcards on quizlet which will save you time
Original post by sarahh.i
maybe try flashcards by quizzing yourself, question on one side and then answer the question to urself before flipping it and checking the answer or you can just use previously made flashcards on quizlet which will save you time

will try thankyouuuu

Quick Reply

Latest