The Student Room Group

International student(on a student visa) currently doing a pgce

Hello guys, just a bit curious. This is for international students currently enrolled on the Sept 2021 pgce:

(1) I believe it's an 11 or 12 month course (not so sure). How long does your study visa run before expiration, 14months or 16months?

Sept 2021 to (October, November, December 2022)?

Second question for pgce international students, (2) Is it feasible going by how intense the pgce year runs to squeeze out time for part time work perhaps on just the saturday weekly, is it feasible or unrealistic?

Thank you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Hilary Okoh
Hello guys, just a bit curious. This is for international students currently enrolled on the Sept 2021 pgce:

(1) I believe it's an 11 or 12 month course (not so sure). How long does your study visa run before expiration, 14months or 16months?

Second question for pgce international students, (2) Is it feasible going by how intense the pgce year runs to squeeze out time for part time work perhaps on just the saturday weekly, is it feasible or unrealistic?

Thank you.

This is not the website for such a question. You need to look at what the current gov guidelines say.

Part time work may be possible, if you are able to study post lectures and sort yourself out, leaving the weekends off just for work.
Make sure you can work with your visa.

Sorry not much of a help :3
Original post by Hilary Okoh

Thank you.

Hey @Hilary Okoh

Being an international student myself, I had some questions about this too. Once you have studied in the UK for at least 12 months, you are able to stay for an additional 4 months. This information would have been shared with you after you received your visa. You are also able to apply for the new Graduate Visa which gives you the opportunity to look for employment for an additional two years. I would strongly suggest doing some research about it.

To answer your second question, it is very feasible to use some of your time to work part time. To be honest, it really boils down to your ability to manage your time wisely.

I hope this helped and I wish you all the best on your course. YOU GOT THIS!

- Dennis :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest