joejoeeames
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Welcome back to another episode of what would you do.
my GCSEs: 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9 & 6
my A-Levels: D1 (A** equiv.), A, C & A* in EPQ
I know I want to do Geography becuase im quite good at it, but ive found myself really interested in the stock market / economics.
Ive been looking at a few Geography with Economics courses, but they require maths.
So im taking Maths A-Level right now with a tutor but cant get a predicted grade, so I might have to take 2 years out.
Ite been really though seeing all my mates go off to uni, but I just want to be around other relatively intelligent people, but geographers arent neccesarily that intelligent.
Ive got no local mates as I went to boarding school and everone lives halfway across the bloody planet and I kind of feel like im rotting at home, working a dog shite job.
Advice my dudes??
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by joejoeeames)
Welcome back to another episode of what would you do.
my GCSEs: 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9 & 6
my A-Levels: D1 (A** equiv.), A, C & A* in EPQ
I know I want to do Geography becuase im quite good at it, but ive found myself really interested in the stock market / economics.
Ive been looking at a few Geography with Economics courses, but they require maths.
So im taking Maths A-Level right now with a tutor but cant get a predicted grade, so I might have to take 2 years out.
Ite been really though seeing all my mates go off to uni, but I just want to be around other relatively intelligent people, but geographers arent neccesarily that intelligent.
Ive got no local mates as I went to boarding school and everone lives halfway across the bloody planet and I kind of feel like im rotting at home, working a dog shite job.
Advice my dudes??
What subjects are your A levels in, including the Pre-U?
joejoeeames
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
What subjects are your A levels in, including the Pre-U?
D1 in Geog, A in Bio, C in Chem
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
D1 in Geog, A in Bio, C in Chem
Decent grades, and a good GCSE haul. You could do a lot. What interests you, apart from Geo?
joejoeeames
Rep:
Decent grades, and a good GCSE haul. You could do a lot. What interests you, apart from Geo?
Cheers.
Very interested in startups / tech / entrepaneurship / AI / crypto / Investing
Very good at using computers (not programming)
Got a Design scholarship at 13+
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Cheers.
Very interested in startups / tech / entrepaneurship / AI / crypto / Investing
Very good at using computers (not programming)
Got a Design scholarship at 13+
I think you're doing the right thing with doing maths then. Both of the things above, plus your original economics idea all need maths, so if you did that, and did it well (there is no reason why you wouldn't, given your grades to date), I think you could apply to a range of subjects within these general areas.
joejoeeames
Rep:
I think you're doing the right thing with doing maths then. Both of the things above, plus your original economics idea all need maths, so if you did that, and did it well (there is no reason why you wouldn't, given your grades to date), I think you could apply to a range of subjects within these general areas.
Thank you so much.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Thank you so much.
No problem I do think you'll have a lot of options with those academic results, which are superb in the grand scheme of things.
joejoeeames
Rep:
No problem I do think you'll have a lot of options with those academic results, which are superb in the grand scheme of things.
All in the name of setting extremely unhealthy, unachieveable targets and then realising you need to work your ass off - then hoping it will bloody work out...
Also, the fact that your name is 'Reality Check' couldnt have made this thread more perfect
Morganmaestro
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Why don't you have a look at Geography with Innovation at Bristol? If that appeals you can save yourself the time and effort of Maths A level and get straight into a bit of entrepreneurship
joejoeeames
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m afraid I have not been able to execute - decided to just do chemistry which is not going to be incredible…
Justice24
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m afraid I have not been able to execute - decided to just do chemistry which is not going to be incredible…
Please elaborate on your journey to that point.
joejoeeames
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Justice24)
Please elaborate on your journey to that point.
I’ve spent a year at home - working a bit at a place down the road and in London. I’ve been revising chemistry for 5 months straight for this resit. And quite frankly I want that subject to completely cease to exist. Tbh this was the plan B. And there is no plan C
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (54)
69.23%
In the post (3)
3.85%
Text (10)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
14.1%

Watched Threads