MSc Social Science of the Internet (Oxford Internet Institute) 2022-23

Watch
sb_247
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else has applied to this course? I have applied for the part-time course (Jan deadline).

I have been reading the thread from last year - I don't think people start to hear back until Feb time but would be interested to hear about others' experiences or if anyone knows anything about the selection process?

Cheers!
m.yu
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi sb_247, I've applied for the full time program and haven't heard back yet. When I emailed them a few weeks ago about the timeline, they said results are announced around mid-Jan 2022. I'm not sure if the same applies for the part time program.

Fingers crossed!
polkadots10
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
hi guys ! I’ve applied to the same programme (full time) by the Nov deadline. From past threads, seems like only part time applicants are usually invited to interviews … Really hoping to get an answer by mid Jan !
guajo220
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied for the program (full time) before the November deadline. A friend of mine who got admitted a couple of years ago heard back just before Christmas. I guess they're a little slower this year.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Applied for the nov deadline. Nothing as of yet, am full of nerves. Best of luck to everyone
Ada34
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Also applied full-tim by the November deadline! On Gradcafe it seems that people usually start hearing back around Jan 12 earliest. It’s getting close!
sb_247
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Good to hear from you all!

Crossing fingers for everyone and will keep you updated
Last edited by sb_247; 1 week ago
casualsun
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
My upload documents button disappeared sometime within the past 24 hrs. Guessing we’ll get decisions back on Monday (for November deadline).
guajo220
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by casualsun)
My upload documents button disappeared sometime within the past 24 hrs. Guessing we’ll get decisions back on Monday (for November deadline).
Nice! Mine is still there although I applied for the same deadline.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by guajo220)
Nice! Mine is still there although I applied for the same deadline.
Same here.
casualsun
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone know if the upload button disappearing earlier is more likely to mean a rejection? I feel like it would be easier to load all the rejections into the system first
guajo220
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone know if the upload button disappearing earlier is more likely to mean a rejection? I feel like it would be easier to load all the rejections into the system first
It could probably mean a lot of things or nothing at all. A good way to figure out is to go to last year's thread and see whose button disappeared when, and when they got an offer/rejection.
Ada34
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Mine also disappeared sometime during that time frame. Hope we hear back soon!
casualsun
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
We won’t hear back on a weekend right?
guajo220
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
We won’t hear back on a weekend right?
I wouldn't think so
guajo220
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
How does everyone feel about the strength of their applications? It will be interesting to see if we can figure out the mystery of the upload button soon
casualsun
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I feel moderately strong about mine. Overall I think it was a very good application but I’m not sure I am the kind of person they’re looking for.

Upload button could also be based on how early we submitted our app. I submitted mine Nov. 6.
Last edited by casualsun; 1 week ago
guajo220
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I feel moderately strong about mine. Overall I think it was a very good application but I’m not sure I am the kind of person they’re looking for.

Upload button could also be based on how early we submitted our app. I submitted mine Nov. 6.
Maybe, but I submitted mine on October 17 and my button is still there.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by guajo220)
How does everyone feel about the strength of their applications? It will be interesting to see if we can figure out the mystery of the upload button soon
Tbh it’s hard to say. My upload button went awhile ago. Realistically I am not sure if I have a good chance because this degree is so competitive and there are plenty of exceedingly capable individuals applying! I feel as if it is one of those instances where we will only know for certain once results are handed out.
anamadan
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
I applied for the November deadline and am so nervous! Does anyone know if you get rejected on the full-time course can you re-apply for the part-time March deadline? Also, do you all have firsts? I've a 2.1 but hope the rest of my application will stand to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads