The Student Room Group

UCL - Applied Medical Sciences 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imsotiredlool
hey,
my personal statement was based on biomedical science and because applied medical science was not too different from biomed i could apply to it. this way, i could still apply to biomed courses, biology and applied medical sciences.
i have not received a reply from ucl yet but i was told that ucl will reply near the end of march.

great thanks, hope all goes well for you!
Reply 21
I just got my offer back for BCC super excited!
Reply 22
Original post by maddyloveridge2
I am hoping to apply in 2023 and this is my top choice so far, just wondering did you guys apply with biomed focused personal statements or did you tailor it to this course somehow? i would have no clue how to write a personal statement focused on this course and obviously i would be applying to study biomed elsewhere so it would make sense for it to be biomed focused

My personal statement was a biomedical sciences based one as I have applied to 4 courses in biomedical sciences
Original post by E13M10

well done!! im still waiting😭
Original post by E13M10

is this your first choice university?
Reply 25
is this your first choice university?

thank youuu hope you get an offer

no I think this will be My second after Kings
Original post by E13M10
thank youuu hope you get an offer

no I think this will be My second after Kings

oh okay! can i ask what your predicted grades were when making your ucas application?
Reply 27
oh okay! can i ask what your predicted grades were when making your ucas application?

yes sure A*AA but I was so shocked when they gave an offer of BCC instead of AAB
Original post by E13M10
yes sure A*AA but I was so shocked when they gave an offer of BCC instead of AAB

ooh thats good to hear. i am still currently waiting and i am so nervous since this is my first choice degree. to get into medicine or dentistry, biomedical science is good but applied medical science is biomedical science with medicine fused into it, which is better for postgraduate medicine or dentistry.
Do you know what career you want to pursue?
Reply 29
ooh thats good to hear. i am still currently waiting and i am so nervous since this is my first choice degree. to get into medicine or dentistry, biomedical science is good but applied medical science is biomedical science with medicine fused into it, which is better for postgraduate medicine or dentistry.
Do you know what career you want to pursue?

I wanted to go into medicine but felt so overwhelmed when I reached alevels and covis hit. I've always wanted to do a science degree on the biomedical side. either is good for graduate entry medicine
I heard back last week! Anyone else?
Reply 31
Original post by lovealways15

When did you apply and what were your grades if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by bd2004
Has anyone received offers yet for this course?

yeah i did... a few weeks ago. good luck! I hope your offer comes in
Reply 33
Original post by estellazach
yeah i did... a few weeks ago. good luck! I hope your offer comes in

what were the grades ucl asked for if you don't mind me asking?
Am I the only person with no offer for this course yet?
Reply 35
Am I the only person with no offer for this course yet?

I’m still waiting
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 36
same il iterally changed one of my biomed courses to amc at ucl and just got an offertook just over a month i was soo nervous
Reply 37
Original post by E13M10
what were the grades ucl asked for if you don't mind me asking?

hey i also just an offer but was a part of the access scheme so my grade where lowerd to bcc
with a b in biology and the c for chem and maths
hope that helps
and goodluck im sure you will get an offer
Reply 38
Original post by bd2004
When did you apply and what were your grades if you don’t mind me asking?

just got an offer and i applied in late janurary a couple of days before the deadline
Reply 39
Original post by lovealways15

yep just heard back

Quick Reply

Latest