Need help quick

Watch this thread
Tnevo
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hello, I don't really understand how it's happened but it's quite overwhelming.
In y10 summer mocks I received a grade 7 in GCSE history and felt extremely confident about this years mock test but I ended up with a grade 4.
In summer for revision I mainly focused on knowledge and did a wee bit on structure of answering questions and that gave me a 7 which I was pretty proud of. I went the other way and focused on structure and completely disregarded knowledge since I felt confident in it, which gave me a grade 4 which was extremely disappointing.
Since that mock in lessons I have felt lost and now feel like I know little about History or how to answer History questions. I wanted to take history as an a-level but now I'm not to sure which would mean I would have to rethink my a-levels = less revision time.
Can someone help me because I really enjoyed history and want to regain my spark for the subject.
Last edited by Tnevo; 5 months ago
UOWStudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
hey!
firstly i love how much you clearly like history as a subject, personally i think that is enough for you to regain that spark. For context i also did history in highschool 3 years ago and i know its aloooot of content, but the structure for questions will always remain the same. Id say go ahead and keep revising content and im sure youll do amazing. i hope you do amazing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.6%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.85%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.75%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.16%

Watched Threads