Are you planning on revising over the Christmas Break?

Watch
Poll: Are you planning on revising over the Christmas Break?
Yes, I will be studying most days (349)
54.87%
Yes, a little bit over the break (201)
31.6%
No, it's time to relax (86)
13.52%
Rara345
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Planning to do quite a lot of revision. Don’t want to take the chance of exams being cancelled and doing badly in mocks and then them being the actual grades.
I’ll have some days off but I don’t feel burnt out and enjoy my subjects, so I don’t think revising will harm me.

Aspstudent
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Obviously, I want 3A*s.
Fresher18
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No normally ill still have a few pieces of coursework due after the break which id work on but this year all my classes end today and then I have a new set starting Jan 18th so for the first time in a long time ill actually get a break over Christmas!
Advertisement
thealphabetsays
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
my wonderful school postponed our mocks to after Christmas, as a lovely present to celebrate. So I will, unfortunately, be working
TQRL
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Going to spend the entire holiday completing coursework and going over and making notes for AS and A2 content.
Advertisement
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't think we've been given any specific reading/translation work to do over the break but I'm going to try and translate at least one verse of Sanskrit a day...I'm sure that will very quickly fall through but, maybe if I aim high I will get at least something done (unlike last year when I did nothing!)
mk_dreamer24
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Chicken Run and Shrek on TV, mince pies and pigs in blankets and avoiding talking to the extended family about politics, it's Christmas time again!

But with the holiday break fast approaching, that age old questions once again troubles students everywhere....

"Should I be studying and revising over the Christmas break?"

We want to know what your big study plans are for the next few weeks, are you planning a relaxing break to refresh the brain batteries or will you be cracking on with your work with one eye to exams at the end of the year?

I also just wanted to drop a friendly reminder at this time of year to take it easy, school pressure can feel all encompassing at times but no one needs to be working non stop from now till the end of the year. Please look after yourself, give yourself some time off and make sure you don't burn out - you deserve it

Let us know below what your Christmas schedule is ( studying AND fun Christmas plans ).
I'm in year 13 and I've got mocks all week this week so I'm so tired and definitely wanna take a break over Christmas (RIP others that took 4 Alevels)
I've got my last exam on friday and we're all getting a half day so my friends and I are gonna chill for abit and go to pizza express (its kinda expensive and I've never been eek)
and im meeting up with friends over the holidays too but not toooo much ygm
ANDDD my family's going to London to stay with some family friends over Christmas for a few nights which im so excited about. I really wanna try Dark Sugars (hot chocolate place) because I've heard its on of the best in London and this BTS themed Korean restaurant. (and obvs the winter wonderland too)

All this would probably take up like a third of my free time during the holidays so I wanna spend the rest just like revising since I've got 4 A levels to revise for and mocks in Feb. I wanna see what everyone's doing cuz it gets me excited too lol
Advertisement
Dscasg
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Can't relax, first Cambridge exam on the 17th of Jan.
LazLo_
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't know tbh, to I did my mocks before Christmas, literally last week, I'm burnt out right now and it's the last week of term.
I have mixed feelings about the holidays ahead cuz If chill out, at the very end of the holiday on the last Sunday or a few days before I would probably freak out about how I did no work for 2 weeks
I'll try to revise a bit I don't know.
Advertisement
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No, my uni does exams before Christmas and next semester I'm doing my dissertation, and apart from my clinical exams after each of my 2 placements next year I shouldn't have another exam. So there's nothing really to revise, just refreshing knowledge over the summer.

My brain reassembles a blob fish out of water at the moment its completely fried.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Dear lovely peeps of TSR,

Here, as a PhD student, with a scholarship to UCL at undergrad and A*A*A*A* A-levels:

1) revision is quality over quantity
2) look after your mental health
3) your brain needs time to process things (most definitely including revision!) to 'cement' them in your brain - take time off to help your brain!
4) Yes TSR can be quite 1 up system of who slept the less to get in revision, but a) try not care b) it's, as reasons above not even that beneficial

Much love,
Noodlzzz
Advertisement
ll ACR ll
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't even have a choice, I have my midterm assessments after the holidays because apparently that will give accurate results
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yep, I have one essay to write and am getting ahead on some readings for Term 2. But, importantly, I am mixing that with preparing the house for Christmas, seeing friends, and relaxing whilst I'm in the comforting space of home :yep:
Advertisement
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
yup, i'm preparing myself for the real GCSES (if they take place) by making all of my flashcards
someone9999999
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Chicken Run and Shrek on TV, mince pies and pigs in blankets and avoiding talking to the extended family about politics, it's Christmas time again!

But with the holiday break fast approaching, that age old questions once again troubles students everywhere....

"Should I be studying and revising over the Christmas break?"

We want to know what your big study plans are for the next few weeks, are you planning a relaxing break to refresh the brain batteries or will you be cracking on with your work with one eye to exams at the end of the year?

I also just wanted to drop a friendly reminder at this time of year to take it easy, school pressure can feel all encompassing at times but no one needs to be working non stop from now till the end of the year. Please look after yourself, give yourself some time off and make sure you don't burn out - you deserve it

Let us know below what your Christmas schedule is ( studying AND fun Christmas plans ).
my mocks start from the first day back so yeh i will be revising
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I have never revised when the Christmas eve came. I relaxed till the school started again.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dscasg)
Can't relax, first Cambridge exam on the 17th of Jan.
That is really short, I wish you the best of luck in the new year 2022.
Advertisement
Tammie2345524
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
First uni mocks on the first week back (mid January) and I feel so unprepared so will definitely be studying most days.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by thealphabetsays)
my wonderful school postponed our mocks to after Christmas, as a lovely present to celebrate. So I will, unfortunately, be working
A christmas 'gift' I really can refuse. I wish you the best and a lot success though.
thealphabetsays
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
A christmas 'gift' I really can refuse. I wish you the best and a lot success though.
Thank you so much! I hope you have a lovely Christmas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (36)
21.95%
Note taking apps (5)
3.05%
Flashcards (29)
17.68%
Revision guides (5)
3.05%
Past papers (83)
50.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.66%

Watched Threads