Are you planning on revising over the Christmas Break?

Watch this thread
Poll: Are you planning on revising over the Christmas Break?
Yes, I will be studying most days (349)
54.87%
Yes, a little bit over the break (201)
31.6%
No, it's time to relax (86)
13.52%
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Chicken Run and Shrek on TV, mince pies and pigs in blankets and avoiding talking to the extended family about politics, it's Christmas time again!

But with the holiday break fast approaching, that age old questions once again troubles students everywhere....

"Should I be studying and revising over the Christmas break?"

We want to know what your big study plans are for the next few weeks, are you planning a relaxing break to refresh the brain batteries or will you be cracking on with your work with one eye to exams at the end of the year?

I also just wanted to drop a friendly reminder at this time of year to take it easy, school pressure can feel all encompassing at times but no one needs to be working non stop from now till the end of the year. Please look after yourself, give yourself some time off and make sure you don't burn out - you deserve it

Let us know below what your Christmas schedule is ( studying AND fun Christmas plans ).
Last edited by BlinkyBill; 5 months ago

username5706823
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
I'm planning to work on my super curriculars and revise too but not that much.
Tnevo
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I plan to revise a wee bit from 1st Jan and then hardcore revision from about the 10th Jan. I just wished I started earlier because it feels a bit overwhelming tbh.
rose.clm
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
nope! my mocks are before christmas break so i'm relaxing over the holidays
Evil Homer
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
I'm planning to work on my super curriculars and revise too but not that much.
What are your super curriculars that you are going to be working on?

(Original post by Tnevo)
I plan to revise a wee bit from 1st Jan and then hardcore revision from about the 10th Jan. I just wished I started earlier because it feels a bit overwhelming tbh.
Don't beat yourself up, you still have time, just get together and organised revision plan and stick to it and you will be fine!

(Original post by rose.clm)
nope! my mocks are before christmas break so i'm relaxing over the holidays
Enjoy! What have you got planned for Christmas?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Yes.
username5706823
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
What are your super curriculars that you are going to be working on?
Further reading and research on topics that interest me.. maybe a MOOC or I'll watch documentaries.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I’m planning to catch up on some lectures I might’ve missed. But I’ll mostly be revising for one of my core modules as I’ve got an exam for that after Christmas. My main plan is to condense it by handwriting those powerpoint notes and then making them into flashcards.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I was planning a large bulk of my revision over the holidays. Hopefully time at home means I’m not having to put off studying due to cycle after cycle of irritating colds, fever and fatigue that have plagued me this term.
hamlethoratio
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Chicken Run and Shrek on TV, mince pies and pigs in blankets and avoiding talking to the extended family about politics, it's Christmas time again!

But with the holiday break fast approaching, that age old questions once again troubles students everywhere....

"Should I be studying and revising over the Christmas break?"

We want to know what your big study plans are for the next few weeks, are you planning a relaxing break to refresh the brain batteries or will you be cracking on with your work with one eye to exams at the end of the year?

I also just wanted to drop a friendly reminder at this time of year to take it easy, school pressure can feel all encompassing at times but no one needs to be working non stop from now till the end of the year. Please look after yourself, give yourself some time off and make sure you don't burn out - you deserve it

Let us know below what your Christmas schedule is ( studying AND fun Christmas plans ).
My mocks have literally just finished and I’m so tired so I will have a bit of a break (esp as I’m going abroad to see my family) but I don’t want to be totally unproductive so will do some work too if I had mocks right after Xmas though I would be studying daily so good job I don’t haha
ReviseSleeping
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I finish work on the 24th, and don't go back until the 4th. So I will be using the time off to revise, no point wasting time.
phoenixtheblaze
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I'll definitely be revising. I got a 2 in history, 3 in spanish and only got to do two of my maths papers, where I was 2 marks away from getting a 4 in paper 2, but got a 4 in paper 3, which got me predicted a 3. I also failed chemistry horribly, but luckily my chemistry teacher just uploaded my grades from early 2020, so I should be fine.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I kind of have to when I have exams in January.
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Got a due date for an assignment in Jan so yes, i will be doing some work
username5794123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Yes. Would I actually do some revision? Probably not.

But I hope to do more research about careers, degrees, extra-curriculars etc. as the christmas holidays seems like the opportune time to do so.
username5865886
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Yes even tho I have exams before the holidays I have some as soon as I come back from the holidays like literally the first day back
asianism
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Have exams on all my modules first day back, so kinda have to. Also got 6 summatives over the holidays.
is.jenk
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
My mocks were about 2 weeks ago and I got a B in psychology and a B in English (my other subject is graphics and is coursework based) which I am happy with
We have been set a lot of homework which does involve guided revision e.g. for psychology she wants some of our homework to be that we watch 7 past revision sessions and make notes on them
So I will be doing revision whilst I am doing my homework but I will also do some independent revision

I want to spend some time relaxing as I can struggle with my mental health so I am ready to enjoy Christmas and we are spending the coming weekend away with my cousins

Furthermore, I have my driving test over the Christmas holidays so I will also be focused on that
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Summer exams are a marathon - not a sprint - please take at least a few days completely off to refresh your brain.
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I will definitely be revising over Christmas. I have mid-sessional exams in January and need a 60% average across all my modules to be able to do a semester abroad next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise