2022 Higher English Prelim

Watch
jmaccuish3
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by themask1)
Anyone know the theme for the Duffy poems Textual analysis?
What do you mean?
Loll1239
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by jmaccuish3)
No sorry I was analysis film
Thats ok thanks anyway 😊
Loll1239
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Hi does anyone know the drama critical essay questions would be amazing if you did
themask1
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
What do you mean?
Sorry, I meant the theme for the 10 mark question for the Duffy poems.
themask1
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
What do you mean?
keira.kk07
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Hm?)
Anyone done the higher English prelim yet? I know the close reading was supposedly on astrology and very hard but no idea about the critical reading. Anyone have a clue?
Critical essay if u did prose fiction one question is how character is isolated if u did poetry for scottish texts Mccaig it’s visiting hour and compassion for 10 marker
keira.kk07
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by georgiasanders)
The higher english prelim was the hardest prelim. Nearly everyone in my year failed so don’t be disappointed if you get lower than you hoped. I know someone who went from a band 1 A to 20% due to that paper. However you need to keep in mind the prelims are purposefully harder! don’t lose hope
Do u remember any of the questions/answers i haven’t done it yet! would be appreciated
roo2shoes
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
hey- has anyone done carol ann duffy? and does anyone remember the essay questuons for drama? mines on monday. thanks
jmaccuish3
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by themask1)
For the 10 marker you don't specifically get a theme always. It might ask you about for example, ' how the poet uses language to convey sympathy' in multiple poems. But you are able to analyse them by stating common themes within them that relate to the poems if that makes sense.
hellothere2004
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by roo2shoes)
hey- has anyone done carol ann duffy? and does anyone remember the essay questuons for drama? mines on monday. thanks
do you know the carol ann duffy poem that’ll be in it? Thanks
roo2shoes
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by hellothere2004)
do you know the carol ann duffy poem that’ll be in it? Thanks
no i’m sorry!!
themask1
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Online people were saying valentine and the 10 marker was asking me about how her issues have
deeper meanings
Or that
it was war photographer and the question
was isolated character
Hm?
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Anyone got quotes from liz lochhead that show her use of light hearted language to convey deeper themes
angelic
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
Has anyone done the critical essay on A Hanging by George Orwell and if so, what were the essay questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (21)
22.34%
Note taking apps (3)
3.19%
Flashcards (14)
14.89%
Revision guides (3)
3.19%
Past papers (48)
51.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
5.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise