Oxford University Programme

Watch
GiorgiosROu
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am in yr12 and In September my school asked anyone if they were interested in attending an Oxford Application/ What is University like presentation. A person from Oxford University came and talked about how Oxford University is. I attended, not because I wanted to go to Oxford but just because I just wanted to know the application process and how the university is like and many other people did the same.

Today, my deputy head called out a list of students who attended the presentation and said that in February a programme will be happening at Oxford University. She then gave us an application form and said to complete it by January. But I'm not going to lie, I don't think I'm smart enough to go to Oxford and also my GCSE grades are way below Oxford standards. Another issue is that the course I would like to do which is Dentistry is not available at Oxford but my next option is biochemistry or chemistry but I'm not overly in love with it as the idea of dentistry. But, someone did ask the deputy head "what if we don't want to go to Oxford uni in the future", she replied that it is good to go to the programme for the experience and that you could write about it in your personal statement. Which i kinda agree with. But idk what to do
Last edited by GiorgiosROu; 1 month ago
hi buddy
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GiorgiosROu)
Hi,

I am in yr12 and In September my school asked anyone if they were interested in attending an Oxford Application/ What is University like presentation. A person from Oxford University came and talked about how Oxford University is. I attended, not because I wanted to go to Oxford but just because I just wanted to know the application process and how the university is like and many other people did the same.

Today, my deputy head called out a list of students who attended the presentation and said that in February a programme will be happening at Oxford University. She then gave us an application form and said to complete it by January. But I'm not going to lie, I don't think I'm smart enough to go to Oxford and also my GCSE grades are way below Oxford standards. Another issue is that the course I would like to do which is Dentistry is not available at Oxford but my next option is biochemistry or chemistry but I'm not overly in love with it as the idea of dentistry. But, someone did ask the deputy head what if we don't want to go to Oxford uni in the future, she replied that it is good to go to the programme for the experience and that you could write about it in your personal statement. Which i kinda agree with. But idk what to do
what are ur gcses im also in yr 12 in a similar situation but more like the opposite even tho mine are pretty good i think
Last edited by hi buddy; 1 month ago
GiorgiosROu
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi buddy
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GiorgiosROu)
tbf though i dont think gcses will play a huge role anyways, but my skls a b1tch and put me down as a "academic concern"

I got 9999998877766 (yh i did quite a few)
liverninthered
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well you clearly don't want to go to Oxford (and very unlikely to get in with those GCSEs).

What is the programme in February? Don't see any dilenma: if you think it could be useful then go, if not then don't go
Levi__
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Even if you don’t want to go to Oxford it would be useful, and it would definitely give you an extra thing to mention on your personal statement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.43%
October 2021 (253)
45.18%
November 2021 (66)
11.79%
December 2021 (70)
12.5%
January 2021 (73)
13.04%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (45)
8.04%