What is your most detested Christmas film or tv show?

Watch this thread
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Is there one example of traditional Christmas tv viewing that you absolutely loathe or dread seeing year after year during the festive season?

A film/show/series that makes you consider disconnecting the television and removing the fuse to ensure that you will not see or hear it again this year.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Part of me wants to say The Polar Express. It's a decent film, but my brother was obsessed with it when he was younger and would watch it daily. I have now seen it enough times to last a lifetime I think!
londonmyst
Rep:
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Part of me wants to say The Polar Express. It's a decent film, but my brother was obsessed with it when he was younger and would watch it daily. I have now seen it enough times to last a lifetime I think!
I found The Polar Express mildly annoying.
Similar attitude with It's A Wonderful Life.

But The Muppets Christmas Carol is my ultimate nightmare before christmas. :afraid:
After and during christmas too. :mob:
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I do favour the horror Christmas films like Black Christmas, 70's and remake. Jack Frost etc etc.
XxAlizaxX
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
The polar express 🥲
londonmyst
Rep:
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
I do favour the horror Christmas films like Black Christmas, 70's and remake. Jack Frost etc etc.
Can you tolerate seeing reruns of It's A Wonderful Life or Love Actually?
londonmyst
Rep:
(Original post by XxAlizaxX)
The polar express 🥲
Have you seen The Muppets Christmas Carol ?
XxAlizaxX
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Have you seen The Muppets Christmas Carol ?
Yah i watched the beginning 🙃

Thats prolly number 2 for me 😅
SMEGGGY
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I've not seen either. Not my Genre
yellowbuttercup
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
My mum and I watched 'Christmas Eve' as it's on Amazon Prime and I am now living with the grief that I will never that 1 1/2 hours of my life back.
username5842617
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Mrs Brown's Boys. The best argument for abolishing the tv licence fee, a foul mouthed abomination. Avoid it at all costs.
username5773339
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Nativity - the heartbreak and suffer I have to endure when every single of my teacher's put it on one after the other

No thank you <3
username5842617
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Love Actually, where one of the characters is a stalker. Not my idea of a good film.
Angel in the sky
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Has to be the muppets christmas carol
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mondays child)
Mrs Brown's Boys. The best argument for abolishing the tv licence fee, a foul mouthed abomination. Avoid it at all costs.
Oh no, i love mrs browns boys
Emma:-)
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Love Actually, where one of the characters is a stalker. Not my idea of a good film.
I agree.
Love actually in general is ****. Its my most detested christmas show/film
bones-mccoy
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Agreed. I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a fork.
aliaa03
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
polar express gives me anxiety
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Is there one example of traditional Christmas tv viewing that you absolutely loathe or dread seeing year after year during the festive season?

A film/show/series that makes you consider disconnecting the television and removing the fuse to ensure that you will not see or hear it again this year.
One of the old religious films. Far too long...also know the ending
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (67)
66.34%
No (26)
25.74%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
7.92%

Watched Threads