nighthawk123
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Best tips to pass edexcel biology unit 1?
username5876231
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by nighthawk123)
Best tips to pass edexcel biology unit 1?
- practicing with past papers so you get used the time limit and type of questions
- flash cards for revisions or any other technique which suits you
- keeping yourself on a par with the specification could help in covering learning objectives
nighthawk123
Rep:
(Original post by fufferpish)
- practicing with past papers so you get used the time limit and type of questions
- flash cards for revisions or any other technique which suits you
- keeping yourself on a par with the specification could help in covering learning objectives
I HAVE MY EXAM IN JAN. and the only problem for me is to get marks off the mark scheme, the ms is sooo specific and annoying. Also, i find it very hard to apply a variety of concepts to one question which is approx 4-6 marks. how should i improve with 2 weeks left?
username5876231
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I HAVE MY EXAM IN JAN. and the only problem for me is to get marks off the mark scheme, the ms is sooo specific and annoying. Also, i find it very hard to apply a variety of concepts to one question which is approx 4-6 marks. how should i improve with 2 weeks left?
yeah they could be but then at least you've got a rough idea of what kind of details to include when a similar type of question is asked...

while practicing each paper look at the topics covered using the specification; use mind maps while revising those topics so it could be relatively easier to relate the concepts

practice past papers with time limit

is this for GCSE or A2 and which board?
nighthawk123
Rep:
yeah they could be but then at least you've got a rough idea of what kind of details to include when a similar type of question is asked...

While practicing each paper look at the topics covered using the specification; use mind maps while revising those topics so it could be relatively easier to relate the concepts

practice past papers with time limit

is this for gcse or a2 and which board?
as edexcel
username5876231
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
as edexcel
i see.. so i hope you know the topics that could be covered in each paper
also hope you're looking through the practicals related with the particular topics to tackle with Devise an investigation type questions
Last edited by username5876231; 4 months ago
nighthawk123
Rep:
i see.. so i hope you know the topics that could be covered in each paper
also hope you're looking through the practicals related with the particular topics to tackle with Devise an investigation type questions
i havent come across any practicals yet in unit 1. are there any practicals?
username5876231
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
i havent come across any practicals yet in unit 1. are there any practicals?
i see... is it Biology A or Biology B?
my bad i was referring to paper 2 in general and not unit 1 specifically
nighthawk123
Rep:
i see... is it Biology A or Biology B?
my bad i was referring to paper 2 in general and not unit 1 specifically
its international a levels.
nighthawk123
Rep:
Guyss any advice on how to answer 6 markers and especially UNSEEN experiment questions???
Last edited by nighthawk123; 4 months ago
username5876231
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
its international a levels.
i see.. just saw the specification and although unit 3 is fully based on practicals, unit 1 also has certain investigation related questions like this one for instance in Jan 2010 unit 1 AS
(i hope you know there are 2 core practicals in unit 1 )
Attached files
Last edited by username5876231; 4 months ago
username5876231
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Guyss any advice on how to answer 6 markers and especially UNSEEN experiment questions???
regarding planning an experiment this part of specification can help
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.91%
The paper was reasonable (67)
39.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.98%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.47%

Watched Threads