Access Course help understanding grading?

Watch this thread
Sekaiiend
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I got my essay back after it had been marked and was given a Merit for one grading description and a Distinction for the second one.

There is only two essay in the module so to get an overall distinction for the module do I have to get 2 distinction on the next essay?
BoogieBump
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Sekaiiend)
I got my essay back after it had been marked and was given a Merit for one grading description and a Distinction for the second one.

There is only two essay in the module so to get an overall distinction for the module do I have to get 2 distinction on the next essay?
Ask your tutor because we won’t know. It depends on your college and their criterion.
thegame2.0
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It depends on the grading descriptors of your Access course. My brother did an access course and his modules had 4 grade descriptors which were marked for each assessment. To receive a distinction for the assessment overall, he would require at least 2 distinctions and 2 merits over the 4 grade descriptors. If your access course follows a similar pattern but with 2 descriptors, a distinction and merit may be a distinction overall, but this is just guessing. You would need to look at your course handbook or ask your personal tutor/course lead for their specific grade criteria.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (14)
32.56%
The paper was reasonable (18)
41.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (9)
20.93%
It was TERRIBLE (2)
4.65%

Watched Threads