UCAS predicted grades help please

Watch this thread
Abbie777
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am applying for biochemistry so my original predicted grades were a BBB but my school let me change this to an AAB I’m wondering if i should lower it to a ABB so I receive more lenient offers?(if thats how it works)
Im applying for
kings :AAA-ABB
Birmingham:AAB
Queen Marys:AAB
What would you advise I do please
Abbie777
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Abbie777)
I am applying for biochemistry so my original predicted grades were a BBB but my school let me change this to an AAB I’m wondering if i should lower it to a ABB so I receive more lenient offers?(if thats how it works)
Im applying for
For my predicted thats an A in bio,A in english and a B in chem btw
eternaldevotiion
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
yeah i would say it's best to apply to courses where the entry requirements are slightly lower than you, to be on the safe side. what about your other 2 choices as youve mentioned 3 that ur applying for
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Im applying for
That’s not how it works. Your predictions have no connection to the grades in your offers.

In theory, the higher your predictions, the more likely you are to receive an offer. However, there’s no point being predicted higher than you can realistically achieve, as you may end up without a place on results day.
eternaldevotiion
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
That’s not how it works. Your predictions have no connection to the grades in your offers.

In theory, the higher your predictions, the more likely you are to receive an offer. However, there’s no point being predicted higher than you can realistically achieve, as you may end up without a place on results day.
what do you mean by that first line of text?
Abbie777
Rep:

Ahh okay
So would you advise for me to change the grades?
Abbie777
Rep:
(Original post by eternaldevotiion)
yeah i would say it's best to apply to courses where the entry requirements are slightly lower than you, to be on the safe side. what about your other 2 choices as youve mentioned 3 that ur applying for
Kent-BBB
Portsmouth-BBB-ABB
eternaldevotiion
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Kent-BBB
Portsmouth-BBB-ABB
personally i think ur fine w those choices!!
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Ahh okay
So would you advise for me to change the grades?
I can’t answer that because I don’t know how accurate your initial predictions were.

Your predictions should be as accurate as possible. That’s why teachers assess them and not students. If your not sure, talk to your teachers. Again, there’s no point asking for high predictions, getting offers and then not meeting the conditions.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
what do you mean by that first line of text?
Predicted grades aren’t used as the basis of offer conditions.

If you’re successful in getting an offer, it doesn’t matter whether you were predicted A*A*A* or CCC, you’ll still receive either the standard offer for the course or possibly a reduced (contextual) one.

The OP was asking if lower predictions would mean a more lenient (ie. lower) offer requirement. They wouldn’t.
Googley_eyes
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Im applying for
Avoid Queen Mary’s like the plague. Their life science department is awful, the staff are rude to your face, and they don’t run exams fairly (there is a lot of cheating).
eternaldevotiion
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Predicted grades aren’t used as the basis of offer conditions.

If you’re successful in getting an offer, it doesn’t matter whether you were predicted A*A*A* or CCC, you’ll still receive either the standard offer for the course or possibly a reduced (contextual) one.

The OP was asking if lower predictions would mean a more lenient (ie. lower) offer requirement. They wouldn’t.
oh my bad i misread the OP's question. i thought they were wondering if they can apply to courses where the requirements are lower than what theyre predicted.

Abbie777 sorry about that, don't bother with lowering your predicted grades as theres no point. the higher your predicted grades the more likely you will be to get offers. courses won't lower the requirements just for you just because your grades arre lower they'll usually go with the standard offer, or contextual if ur eligible. hope this helps!
Abbie777
Rep:
oh my bad i misread the OP's question. i thought they were wondering if they can apply to courses where the requirements are lower than what theyre predicted.

Abbie777 sorry about that, don't bother with lowering your predicted grades as theres no point. the higher your predicted grades the more likely you will be to get offers. courses won't lower the requirements just for you just because your grades arre lower they'll usually go with the standard offer, or contextual if ur eligible. hope this helps!
Thank youu soo muchh for your help really appreciate it
Abbie777
Rep:
I can’t answer that because I don’t know how accurate your initial predictions were.

Your predictions should be as accurate as possible. That’s why teachers assess them and not students. If your not sure, talk to your teachers. Again, there’s no point asking for high predictions, getting offers and then not meeting the conditions.
Thankk youu soo much appreciate itt
(Original post by Googley_eyes)
Avoid Queen Mary’s like the plague. Their life science department is awful, the staff are rude to your face, and they don’t run exams fairly (there is a lot of cheating).
Really what universities in London would you recommend for life sciences?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed