The Student Room Group

Will I pay home or international fees?

I was born in the UK, lived until I was 12 and have a british passport only but have been living in Cyprus from 12 until now (17). I assumed I would pay home fees but now having doubts about this. Anyone know?
I'm not too sure, but I think either have to be living in the UK or if you have a British Citizenship and passport.

Send the university's some emails and see where you get!
(edited 2 years ago)
I don't think so.. you need to be living in the UK (for 2 years) to pay home fees.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by summerbirdreads
I don't think so.. you need to be living in the UK (for 2 years) to pay home fees.

I think it's 3 years?
Original post by AmIReallyHere
I think it's 3 years?

3 years then... Idk know though.
Yes, by the current rules you need to be ordinarily resident in the UK for three years prior to the course start date.

The UKCISA website is a good source of info.
Original post by magic12th
I was born in the UK, lived until I was 12 and have a british passport only but have been living in Cyprus from 12 until now (17). I assumed I would pay home fees but now having doubts about this. Anyone know?

it depends on the uni, scottish unis and oxbridge (from what i've heard) are rlly strict with fee status and are very unlikely to give you home or ruk fees. in general, from my school most people who have british citizenship (but never lived there) get home fees in at least one uni in england. not sure about wales or northern ireland. hope this helps :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest