The Student Room Group

Any help and advice for autumn resist would be extremely helpful

Hi, I need all the help I can get right now because I don't know what to do.

I did my autumn resists got a (DE) in maths physics respectively and did worst than my TAGs BCD. I believe the main reason I did worse is that I didn't have enough time and I was very pushed for time plus I had to learn content for the first time.

My plan of action now is I have emailed my exams officer if there is a possibility to be put in for the summer exams I don't know if it's possible and for me to study at home independently and go in for my exams in the summer

A big worry of mine is exams being cancelled again.

I heard that you get to keep the best grades so essentially I get to keep my TAGs.

My big question is I need some predicted grades last year I was predicted an AAB and my first choice university was accepted and unbeknownst to me I was eligible for the contextual offer of BBB/ABC

I plan to apply for this university again and need predicted grades of BBB or ABC I was wondering the likelihood of my old sixth form predicting me BBBs I would be happy to sit some sort of mock or exam to prove I'm worthy of those 2 Bs if not my best option is to find an exam centre but don't even know where to start from there.

Mysixthform would be very happy to write my reference but don't know about predicting grades

I thought of maybe enrolling in my local college but don't know if they'll make me do 2 years or 1 as I want to sit the exams in the summer and feel like I have enough time to get the grades I need.

I plan to take a break and basically start on work in January 1st as this is when most people start revising and have a job and work once a week any help and advice would be appreciated
Original post by Ratas12
Hi, I need all the help I can get right now because I don't know what to do.

I did my autumn resists got a (DE) in maths physics respectively and did worst than my TAGs BCD. I believe the main reason I did worse is that I didn't have enough time and I was very pushed for time plus I had to learn content for the first time.

My plan of action now is I have emailed my exams officer if there is a possibility to be put in for the summer exams I don't know if it's possible and for me to study at home independently and go in for my exams in the summer

A big worry of mine is exams being cancelled again.

I heard that you get to keep the best grades so essentially I get to keep my TAGs.

My big question is I need some predicted grades last year I was predicted an AAB and my first choice university was accepted and unbeknownst to me I was eligible for the contextual offer of BBB/ABC

I plan to apply for this university again and need predicted grades of BBB or ABC I was wondering the likelihood of my old sixth form predicting me BBBs I would be happy to sit some sort of mock or exam to prove I'm worthy of those 2 Bs if not my best option is to find an exam centre but don't even know where to start from there.

Mysixthform would be very happy to write my reference but don't know about predicting grades

I thought of maybe enrolling in my local college but don't know if they'll make me do 2 years or 1 as I want to sit the exams in the summer and feel like I have enough time to get the grades I need.

I plan to take a break and basically start on work in January 1st as this is when most people start revising and have a job and work once a week any help and advice would be appreciated

Speak to your schools admissions tutor as they will have experienced this before. You can still enter for summer exams. Maybe try get a private tutor. There are quite a lot for physics and maths if you don’t fancy going to college.
Reply 2
Original post by Dominininc
Speak to your schools admissions tutor as they will have experienced this before. You can still enter for summer exams. Maybe try get a private tutor. There are quite a lot for physics and maths if you don’t fancy going to college.

I've emailed my exams officer and she started she will be happy to put me in for the exams for £260 all together which is fine. She's emailed my head of year asking about predicted grades and waiting for a response. I rely font know how to look for a tutor who will write a reference and provide me predicted grades under a month due ucas deadline
Original post by Ratas12
I've emailed my exams officer and she started she will be happy to put me in for the exams for £260 all together which is fine. She's emailed my head of year asking about predicted grades and waiting for a response. I rely font know how to look for a tutor who will write a reference and provide me predicted grades under a month due ucas deadline

Yeah you should be able to get predicted grades from your head of year. I wouldn’t think it is unreasonable for them to give you predicted grades BBB especially if you have good gcses.
Reply 4
Original post by Dominininc
Yeah you should be able to get predicted grades from your head of year. I wouldn’t think it is unreasonable for them to give you predicted grades BBB especially if you have good gcses.

I said in more than happy to do an exam to prove myself I was predicted last year AAB and my first choice only needs BBB and had a really good reference and received all my offers with a great ps too. Covid hit and it went down hill and I think I over estimated how much I could cram in 4 weeks. My gcse grades were 877776655. I just hope they say yes and I can revise and work independently go in for exams and I have more than enough time and start revising from Jan 1st.

Quick Reply

Latest