What happens if you fail a module in your resit year

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm currently resitting my 2nd year and everything seems to be going well apart from one module. I just got back a test score on the module that was atrociously bad. So bad that I calculated it and I will literally need to get a mark of 97% on my coursework just to PASS the module.

So all in all, I think its safe to assume I will fail the module. But I heard that in resit years, they don't allow you to resit anything at all. Does this mean I've automatically failed the year already and will be kicked out once it's finished?
Rain_
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
im not sure how it works for resit years but id assume it works the same as normal. usually you are allowed to fail an exam 2 times before any decision is made. so if you fail, you get at least another chance. if you continue to fail, you may have to retake the module in the following year however, you should still progress provided you pass the rest of the modules. most universities allow failing up to 2(maybe 3) modules before requiring to retake the whole year.

however, it maybe be different for every uni so you should check your universities examination and assessment regulations - they should have a pdf available on the site. if you can't find the information here, check any other documents to do with assessments and finally contact the assessment board for your course.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm currently resitting my 2nd year and everything seems to be going well apart from one module. I just got back a test score on the module that was atrociously bad. So bad that I calculated it and I will literally need to get a mark of 97% on my coursework just to PASS the module.

So all in all, I think its safe to assume I will fail the module. But I heard that in resit years, they don't allow you to resit anything at all. Does this mean I've automatically failed the year already and will be kicked out once it's finished?
I'm assuming you have failed the original unit the first time you take it and a summer resit so your on your 3rd attempt usually that's it. I failed a unit in my HND (which meant I failed the entire course) for some reason they let me on to second year and also offered me an exceptional 4th resit with my second year results which luckily I passed. but as they say that was exceptional you might be lucky and get that too.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
I'm assuming you have failed the original unit the first time you take it and a summer resit so your on your 3rd attempt usually that's it. I failed a unit in my HND (which meant I failed the entire course) for some reason they let me on to second year and also offered me an exceptional 4th resit with my second year results which luckily I passed. but as they say that was exceptional you might be lucky and get that too.
What happened was I failed three modules at the end of 2nd year and failed the resits for them as well. But the module I'm currently going to end up failing was not one of the three I had failed prior
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What happened was I failed three modules at the end of 2nd year and failed the resits for them as well. But the module I'm currently going to end up failing was not one of the three I had failed prior
Well in that case you'll be offered a capped resit (capped to 40%) this summer and if you fail that you might have to take it next year again capped at 40%.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (67)
42.41%
The paper was reasonable (71)
44.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (11)
6.96%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
5.7%

Watched Threads