cherryhitchkins
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What are roles of actin + myosin in context of muscle cells

I tried searching up for ages to find a good answer but I can't find any

Someone help me out please
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Look into the sliding filament model. If you look up the spec for your exam board (eg. ocr, aqa,edexcel etc) you'll find exactly what you need to know. I also recommend getting a textbook for A-level biology as it will answer most of your questions and you won't need to wait for a response from tsr.
cherryhitchkins
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Look into the sliding filament model. If you look up the spec for your exam board (eg. ocr, aqa,edexcel etc) you'll find exactly what you need to know. I also recommend getting a textbook for A-level biology as it will answer most of your questions and you won't need to wait for a response from tsr.
I put these:
Actin: spherical protein that forms filaments + involved in muscle contraction + other important cellular processes

Myosin: protein that converts chemical energy in form of ATP to mechanical energy

I tried using the edexcel textbook but it doesnt explain the roles of these proteins
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
they attach to eachother + stretch in order to make muscles move. I don't know how in-depth of an answer you are looking for
cherryhitchkins
Rep:
(Original post by 64Lightbulbs)
they attach to eachother + stretch in order to make muscles move. I don't know how in-depth of an answer you are looking for
Just a short sentence on their role
I am just confused because idk if what i put is correct
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by cherryhitchkins)
I put these:
Actin: spherical protein that forms filaments + involved in muscle contraction + other important cellular processes

Myosin: protein that converts chemical energy in form of ATP to mechanical energy

I tried using the edexcel textbook but it doesnt explain the roles of these proteins
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by cherryhitchkins)
Just a short sentence on their role
I am just confused because idk if what i put is correct
what did you put?
cherryhitchkins
Rep:
(Original post by 64Lightbulbs)
what did you put?
I put these:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (78)
18.89%
The paper was reasonable (154)
37.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (117)
28.33%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
15.5%

Watched Threads