I got DDD in a levels, what reputable degrees should i try to apply to study?

Watch this thread
TheCoolestCat88
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Im resitting in summer and hoping to get 3 Cs, what should i hope to study? I did bio, chem and eng lit. I have no interests nor hobbies. Please help.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
How to Choose a Uni Subject - https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice...-what-to-study
Also look at Apprenticeships (sollid career prosepcts with no student debt) - https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
Royal Navy careers - Engineering apprenticeships etc - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/role-finder
username5868854
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
When looking at the subjects/careers from the links in the previous reply, try to choose what you are passionate about, else it will be a long and boring study/career.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I don't say this to be harsh but if you are struggling with A-level subjects with no extenuating circumstances then further academic study might not be for you.

What are the reasons you want to go to university? It is expensive and increasingly doesnt guarantee a job on graduation.

You might be better off looking at apprenticeships or alternative routes to university
TheCoolestCat88
Rep:
(Original post by CoolCavy)
I don't say this to be harsh but if you are struggling with A-level subjects with no extenuating circumstances then further academic study might not be for you.

What are the reasons you want to go to university? It is expensive and increasingly doesnt guarantee a job on graduation.

You might be better off looking at apprenticeships or alternative routes to university
Im struggling because i dont study, thats all.
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by TheCoolestCat88)
Im struggling because i dont study, thats all.
So why do you want to go to uni where you will have a lot more studying to do and be expected to do it independently?
Uni isnt like school, noone will chase you up for the work or ask why you haven't done it you will simply fail the module.
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
So why do you want to go to uni where you will have a lot more studying to do and be expected to do it independently?
Uni isnt like school, noone will chase you up for the work or ask why you haven't done it you will simply fail the module.
It's probably worth mentioning too that it is expensive to go to uni, let alone fail it.
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mah1000000)
It's probably worth mentioning too that it is expensive to go to uni, let alone fail it.
I think I did that here

What are the reasons you want to go to university? It is expensiveand increasingly doesnt guarantee a job on graduation.

finance12345
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
What happens if you fail the module?
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I think I did that here
Yep you did, I’m on mobile so I’m gonna use that as my excuse.
username5868854
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I think you should just try an apprenticeship. Uni is not for everyone and you can still achieve all your goals without a degree!
TheCoolestCat88
Rep:
The fact its so expensive will motivate me. Also the idea of a high paying job + cool degree too.
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by TheCoolestCat88)
The fact its so expensive will motivate me. Also the idea of a high paying job + cool degree too.
You aren't guaranteed a high paying job though - that's the whole point.
Most graduate jobs start at about 20-25k which is pretty average to low end. There's more and more graduates which saturates the market.
Yes some things do require a degree but it depends on what you want to do. A lot of things also accept HNDs or other qualifications.
Plumbers can make a fortune and the pathway to that is through NVQs or apprenticeships, not uni.
A cool job is what makes you happy, not what other people think of it.
Last edited by CoolCavy; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads