Will you comply with another uk lockdown

Watch this thread
Gillian My Heart
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
If there is another lockdown, will any of you ignore it?
Educate_Yourself
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
No choice mate that £10k fine is brutal
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I would comply but not be happy about there being another lockdown
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Yes and I am looking at some boredom busting workbooks online in case. I am planning to hire a good quality tutor as well if it comes to that. I have also now prepared a list of activities to try.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
neverr
jaesix
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
wouldn’t ignore it, but i’d probably go insane if there was another one. every lockdown so far has caused some kind of health problem in me to come up 💀
username5794123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Do I really have a choice?
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Yup.
avhae
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Gillian My Heart)
If there is another lockdown, will any of you ignore it?
I would not ignore it since there is no choice... and I'll probably feel bad for everyone having to take exams since in my senior year of secondary I managed to do really badly in exams as I had to go through two lockdowns. It won't really affect me now, however, as my classes are already online anyway
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
if it makes sense sure, but just not forever
Name:  aYyjV1v_460s.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  38.1 KB
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Yes.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Yeah, of course I'll comply. I'm an essential worker though so I'll still be going into work.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
how do you ignore rules that affects your employment, housing and education? you realise lockdown means more than just seeing your friends, right?
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Joleee)
how do you ignore rules that affects your employment, housing and education? you realise lockdown means more than just seeing your friends, right?
I dunno, I think this is todays kids version of refusing to turn the boombox down. :cheeky:
Dilbrough
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Imagine actually following the rules.
Last edited by Dilbrough; 4 months ago
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Imagine thinking that ‘LMAO’ was an appropriate turn of phrase with regards to a virus with has killed 170k people in the UK alone.
Trinculo
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
There won't be a lockdown as such because there won't be another furlogh scheme. They can't close businesses if they're not going to pay people.

This is all madness. This omicron hysteria is possibly the stupidest thing in the history of this country. It is literally a very mild cold.

Personally, I won't comply. I won't wear a mask. If people say I can't go into their business, then that's fair enough - but masking and restrictions are nonsensical and have no logical endpoint. I thought the government had a handle on things back in the spring / summer when they were saying "that's it" - but clearly they've been panicked by media and social media and have turned into morons and want the entire country hiding like frightened rats.
Amirahx96
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Imagine thinking that ‘LMAO’ was an appropriate turn of phrase with regards to a virus with has killed 170k people in the UK alone.
Sorry man, make that 169,999.
Since my best friends dad died of cancer and they recorded it as covid.
Oh, and my aunt. Also cancer.
And several other relations of mine.
But you go on believing the stats, man. Up to you. But LMAO AT THOSE WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVE EVRERYTHING THEY READ.
Last edited by Amirahx96; 4 months ago
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Amirahx96)
Sorry man, make that 169,999.
Since my best friends dad died of cancer and they recorded it as covid.
Oh, and my aunt. Also cancer.
And several other relations of mine.
But you go on believing the stats, man. Up to you. But LMAO AT THOSE WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVE EVRERYTHING THEY READ.
The issue is causation, isn't it? Just because one has cancer doesn't mean that cancer is what killed them, Covid might've made their immune system worser than what it already was. Same goes with AIDs/HIV — once they get infected with tuberculosis, their chances of death is significantly higher.

On the other hand, am sorry for your loss.
Amirahx96
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by wifd149)
The issue is causation, isn't it? Just because one has cancer doesn't mean that cancer is what killed them, Covid might've made their immune system worser than what it already was. Same goes with AIDs/HIV — once they get infected with tuberculosis, their chances of death is significantly higher.

On the other hand, am sorry for your loss.
Neither of the people had covid.
100% I believe that covid sped up the process with a lot of patients where certain conditions were present before. That's not something I'd argue. But believing every person recorded had covid and died from it? That's a little ignorant.

And thank you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (22)
20.37%
The paper was reasonable (35)
32.41%
Not feeling great about that exam... (37)
34.26%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
12.96%

Watched Threads