The Student Room Group

Repeating 2nd year

Hi
I am having to repeat my second year due to failing modules last year. However, the modules I failed only start in the 2nd semester so I haven’t been able to enrol yet - but should get my enrolment email beginning of Jan. I have had a letter from student finance saying that because I am on a break from studies I won’t get any finance? This is very worrying to me because I have been in student halls since September and had to borrow £2k to pay my rent and it’s been very difficult until now - I haven’t had any finance yet because Uni wouldn’t let me enrol until my modules start and student finance don’t pay until you’ve enrolled. My question is will I have to submit a new application when I finally get to enrol in Jan and will I get enough maintenance loan to cover the rest of my rent otherwise I don’t know what I’m going to do.
Original post by AnonWhk
Hi
I am having to repeat my second year due to failing modules last year. However, the modules I failed only start in the 2nd semester so I haven’t been able to enrol yet - but should get my enrolment email beginning of Jan. I have had a letter from student finance saying that because I am on a break from studies I won’t get any finance? This is very worrying to me because I have been in student halls since September and had to borrow £2k to pay my rent and it’s been very difficult until now - I haven’t had any finance yet because Uni wouldn’t let me enrol until my modules start and student finance don’t pay until you’ve enrolled. My question is will I have to submit a new application when I finally get to enrol in Jan and will I get enough maintenance loan to cover the rest of my rent otherwise I don’t know what I’m going to do.

Hi there, apologies for the delay in responding.

Do you still require help or was it resolved? Please let me know.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, apologies for the delay in responding.

Do you still require help or was it resolved? Please let me know.

Thanks, Isaac

I don't know what to do anymore. Its now the end of January and I still havent received my finance!!! The University says they have sent my proof of registration through to student finance and student finance say they havent received anything. Im being bounced between the 2 for a month now. I have no money, rent due and now Im ready to throw the towel in....
Original post by AnonWhk
I don't know what to do anymore. Its now the end of January and I still havent received my finance!!! The University says they have sent my proof of registration through to student finance and student finance say they havent received anything. Im being bounced between the 2 for a month now. I have no money, rent due and now Im ready to throw the towel in....

Hi, does it state awaiting confirmation in your payment schedule?

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Hi, its finally sorted now. It was all the university's mistake and nothing to do with Student Finance - they forgot to take the block off my account when I enrolled at the beginning of January. I should receive my funding by the end of the week. Thank you for your reply.
Original post by AnonWhk
Hi, its finally sorted now. It was all the university's mistake and nothing to do with Student Finance - they forgot to take the block off my account when I enrolled at the beginning of January. I should receive my funding by the end of the week. Thank you for your reply.

Glad to hear you got it all resolved :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending