What steps should I take to achieve an A in these Highers?

Watch
dafraser
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there. I am studying my Highers at the moment and I’m in S5. This year I’m studying H Maths, H Physics, H English, H Business Management and H Computing Science. What advice do you have to achieve an A in these subjects? At the moment I’m really struggling with Maths, Physics and English so in depth advice for them would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
Naima16
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dafraser)
Hi there. I am studying my Highers at the moment and I’m in S5. This year I’m studying H Maths, H Physics, H English, H Business Management and H Computing Science. What advice do you have to achieve an A in these subjects? At the moment I’m really struggling with Maths, Physics and English so in depth advice for them would be appreciated. Thanks!
For maths use the https://www.highermathematics.co.uk/...-whole-course/ website. It's really helpful. On the weekends do at least two past papers and the question you get wrong search up DLB maths on youtube. So, if you were struggling with the 2019 paper 1 question 3 just go on youtube and search 'Higher maths 2019 paper 1 question 3' and the first video would usually be by DLB maths explaining how to get the answer. Also do past papers on topics you are struggling. On YouTube also look at Mr Thomas videos, go on his playlist and you will be able to see him explaining each topic at higher in detail with examples to try out.
Naima16
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
For English, use the SQA understanding standards https://www.understandingstandards.o...English/higher as it has examples of how pupils answer some question. You can aslo see examples of folios. Also do a lot of past papers for RUAE. And make plans for the critical reading as they ask similar question
Advertisement
bxcs
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Howdy, I got straight As at higher so here's what I can provide.

- Higher maths I used the past papers and the higher maths website. Some Alevel maths questions by topics are also useful if you run out of stuff to revise with, however they're not completely like the higher maths course.

- Higher Physics I used the past papers again and the course spec. I learnt all of the outcomes that were specific to understanding (such as the fundamental particles) and the usage of the formulas.

- Higher English I cannot help with I sucked so much at it I just got lucky on the final exam the essay q was one I prepared for.
dafraser
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bxcs)
Howdy, I got straight As at higher so here's what I can provide.

- Higher maths I used the past papers and the higher maths website. Some Alevel maths questions by topics are also useful if you run out of stuff to revise with, however they're not completely like the higher maths course.

- Higher Physics I used the past papers again and the course spec. I learnt all of the outcomes that were specific to understanding (such as the fundamental particles) and the usage of the formulas.

- Higher English I cannot help with I sucked so much at it I just got lucky on the final exam the essay q was one I prepared for.
Thank you!
Advertisement
dafraser
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Naima16)
For maths use the https://www.highermathematics.co.uk/...-whole-course/ website. It's really helpful. On the weekends do at least two past papers and the question you get wrong search up DLB maths on youtube. So, if you were struggling with the 2019 paper 1 question 3 just go on youtube and search 'Higher maths 2019 paper 1 question 3' and the first video would usually be by DLB maths explaining how to get the answer. Also do past papers on topics you are struggling. On YouTube also look at Mr Thomas videos, go on his playlist and you will be able to see him explaining each topic at higher in detail with examples to try out.
I appreciate that, thank you! )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (35)
22.44%
Note taking apps (5)
3.21%
Flashcards (29)
18.59%
Revision guides (5)
3.21%
Past papers (76)
48.72%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise