The Student Room Group

Need Latin gcse revision tips for mocks in Jan

I have my Latin mock exam in January, I'm fine for the set text translation because I've memorised it but I know very little vocab or grammar so does anyone have any tips on learning it? Any help appreciated thank u x
Original post by ihategcses777
I have my Latin mock exam in January, I'm fine for the set text translation because I've memorised it but I know very little vocab or grammar so does anyone have any tips on learning it? Any help appreciated thank u x

What syllabus are you? I will private message you with a link to the vocab I used for my Latin GCSE.
OCR is the exam board. Booklover1313 you're saving my life rn!! What other GCSE's did you pick?
Quizlet’s really good for vocab, particularly the write function.

https://quizlet.com/_8e85dt?x=1jqt&i=1lqcme

With grammar, i’d probably recommend Essential GCSE Latin - John Taylor

And in terms of learning, start with the vocab doing around 10 or so words a day. The link i’ve sent you includes verbs in all forms which is why it’s so big, but there are others with just the verbs in the I form. Do past paper translations too because a lot of the time, you can get most of the meaning from a few words, even if you don’t entirely know what everything means.
Original post by ihategcses777
OCR is the exam board. Booklover1313 you're saving my life rn!! What other GCSE's did you pick?

Haha you're welcome!! I did (apart from the compulsory subjects) French, Latin, German, Geography and Music

Quick Reply

Latest