The Student Room Group

I can’t stop overthinking someone else’s love life

Yes, this sounds weird. Basically I get jealous of this guy I know I can’t have. He’s a player... Yet I can’t seem to get over him and I can’t help but get jealous whenever he gets a new girlfriend - even though they don’t last long. We never dated but I’ve had a crush on him for years

I really want to get over him and move on but I’m really struggling to. It’s been going on years - bad I know. I have spoken to other guys in this period and one I was close to dating, but he stopped putting the effort in.

What can I do? I can’t block him.
honey, i've been through this and liking this amazing guy that i couldn't have. if you can't have them, it's not worth the upset or hurt. you deserve much better. try and focus on you! do take a break from speaking to this person. make sure you get over him. as you said, he is a player, you can find someone more loyal and trustworthy, surely? don't look for the person, let the person find u :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by gracieee16
honey, i've been through this and liking this amazing guy that i couldn't have. if you can't have them, it's not worth the upset or hurt. you deserve much better. try and focus on you! do take a break from speaking to this person. make sure you get over him. as you said, he is a player, you can find someone more loyal and trustworthy, surely? don't look for the person, let the person find u :smile:

Thank you, I deserve better :smile:

I can’t bring myself to stop stalking him on his socials too and I sometimes feel sick if I find he has a new girl. I know that’s bad but irl how to stop it
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, I deserve better :smile:

I can’t bring myself to stop stalking him on his socials too and I sometimes feel sick if I find he has a new girl. I know that’s bad but irl how to stop it

you really do!!!
from my experience, it's painful when you got that bit of hope because your heart tells you, he's the one and he's your dream person. it is difficult, heartbreaking and exhausting knowing that person isn't for you in reality. someone who is right for you, will someday find you :smile:.
just know your worth. you're beautiful inside and out. you are unique and deserve someone who appreciates you.
Reply 4
you really do!!!
from my experience, it's painful when you got that bit of hope because your heart tells you, he's the one and he's your dream person. it is difficult, heartbreaking and exhausting knowing that person isn't for you in reality. someone who is right for you, will someday find you :smile:.
just know your worth. you're beautiful inside and out. you are unique and deserve someone who appreciates you.

How am I supposed to cope and get over him when I can’t stop looking at his socials 🥺
How am I supposed to cope and get over him when I can’t stop looking at his socials 🥺

maybe delete ur socials for a while
you really do!!!

I don't mean to be harsh but some guys can just find it plain annoying to be stalked and obsessed over by a girl.

Personally, up to a point, I'm sympathetic, and even have even tried to assist her in making new friends/exploring other options. Beyond that point, where she can't let go and continuously makes up excuses to be with, me and even tries tricks to guilt-trip me, I actually start getting mad.
I don't mean to be harsh but some guys can just find it plain annoying to be stalked and obsessed over by a girl.

Personally, up to a point, I'm sympathetic, and even have even tried to assist her in making new friends/exploring other options. Beyond that point, where she can't let go and continuously makes up excuses to be with, me and even tries tricks to guilt-trip me, I actually start getting mad.

what? i dont even stalk anyone

I wasn't saying you do. Just ranting about my own experiences and making a feeble attempt at giving the OP a guy's perspective on some of these things.

I've been drinking, that's why. Talk first, think later.

I didn't read my own reply to you to check if it was sensible lol
I wasn't saying you do. Just ranting about my own experiences and making a feeble attempt at giving the OP a guy's perspective on some of these things.

He doesn’t know I stalk him
He doesn’t know I stalk him

You'd be surprised what guys know.

Women like to say things like "We know when a guy is creeping on us, we just do"

Well... most guys do too. Stop being a fool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending