In the link reaction pyruvate loses carbon dioxide and hydrogen.

Watch this thread
zarahh09
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
In the link reaction pyruvate loses carbon dioxide and hydrogen. What terms are used to describe these two processes?

Is it Glycolysis?
charco
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by zarahh09)
In the link reaction pyruvate loses carbon dioxide and hydrogen. What terms are used to describe these two processes?

Is it Glycolysis?
There is no link
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by charco)
There is no link
the question says link, but I'm not sure
Maybe it is using a terminology to avoid giving the answer?
charco
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
the question says link, but I'm not sure
Maybe it is using a terminology to avoid giving the answer?
Maybe there is supposed to be a link ...
_Rusty_
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago

Is it Glycolysis?
What I think you mean:

Removal of CO2 - decarboxylation
Losing of hydrogen - NAD is reduced and oxidised the aliphatic chain to form acetate.

End of the link reaction is the acetate binding to CoA to form Acetyl CoA

Is this what you are looking for?
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by chris01928)
What I think you mean:

Removal of CO2 - decarboxylation
Losing of hydrogen - NAD is reduced and oxidised the aliphatic chain to form acetate.

End of the link reaction is the acetate binding to CoA to form Acetyl CoA

Is this what you are looking for?
If i am being honest idk what the question is asking for specifically, i just took a random guess from what i know
_Rusty_
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
If i am being honest idk what the question is asking for specifically, i just took a random guess from what i know
Well referencing the original question, the above answer would be my answer. Those 2 processes are decarboxylation and oxidisation
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by chris01928)
Well referencing the original question, the above answer would be my answer. Those 2 processes are decarboxylation and oxidisation
okay tysm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (108)
67.92%
No (33)
20.75%
I didn't use it to prepare (18)
11.32%

Watched Threads