The Student Room Group

looser- need help

Hey,

Could really do with some help and advice…. I don’t want this to feel like a pity party, but I feel like I’ve reached my peak and I don’t know what to do. I’ll try to sum things up as well as I can.

I’m 22 I’ve dropped out of uni with the aim of re-doing my A levels with the aim of going to a Russel Group Uni rather than the crap one I was in (lived at home so didn't really experience it).

All my friends/ acquaintances have gone due to relationships etc meaning, leaving 1 person left (who I’m finding to be a looser who acts likes an OAP and tbh is dragging me down), I’m basically by myself. In the past I was able to get along with pretty much everyone from the nerds (no offence intended just trying to be subjective) to the more popular people, to the in-betweens etc, I used to like knowing all sorts of people because it made things fun and interesting. Nowadays, I find I’ve become cynical and shy struggling to speak to anyone (even though in the past I would be able to). I used to love going clubbing and raves but since everyone’s gone, I can’t even do that. I have virtually no confidence with girls and tbh I envy those who know what to say and do. The funny thing is that people would be surprised because apparently, I give off a confident easy-going impression who is supposedly good looking, also surprises people who find out I’m a virgin.

Basically, I don’t know what to do to get out of this situation I just want things to be how they used to (I know this isn’t healthy thinking), I just want a good group of people back. Put simply I don’t want to be a looser who has given up!

Also, if I were to go to uni at 24 would that be weird like can I be friends and hang out with the younger people.

Also, if there’s any girls here what can a guy who has lost all their confidence and has no real experience do?

Thanks,

R
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

Could really do with some help and advice…. I don’t want this to feel like a pity party, but I feel like I’ve reached my peak and I don’t know what to do. I’ll try to sum things up as well as I can.

I’m 22 I’ve dropped out of uni with the aim of re-doing my A levels with the aim of going to a Russel Group Uni rather than the crap one I was in (lived at home so didn't really experience it).

All my friends/ acquaintances have gone due to relationships etc meaning, leaving 1 person left (who I’m finding to be a looser who acts likes an OAP and tbh is dragging me down), I’m basically by myself. In the past I was able to get along with pretty much everyone from the nerds (no offence intended just trying to be subjective) to the more popular people, to the in-betweens etc, I used to like knowing all sorts of people because it made things fun and interesting. Nowadays, I find I’ve become cynical and shy struggling to speak to anyone (even though in the past I would be able to). I used to love going clubbing and raves but since everyone’s gone, I can’t even do that. I have virtually no confidence with girls and tbh I envy those who know what to say and do. The funny thing is that people would be surprised because apparently, I give off a confident easy-going impression who is supposedly good looking, also surprises people who find out I’m a virgin.

Basically, I don’t know what to do to get out of this situation I just want things to be how they used to (I know this isn’t healthy thinking), I just want a good group of people back. Put simply I don’t want to be a looser who has given up!

Also, if I were to go to uni at 24 would that be weird like can I be friends and hang out with the younger people.

Also, if there’s any girls here what can a guy who has lost all their confidence and has no real experience do?

Thanks,

R

Fellow man here.
Start no fap, watch iamlucid.
Structure your day.
Your life time is = 80 years of suffering.
If you pity yourself and don't even TRY and improve your just adding on more unnecessary suffering.
Go to uni at 74 it doesn't matter.
Gooduck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending