The Student Room Group

potential lockdown /exams being cancelled

before i write this i just wanna say idc i’m still going to be revising and doing what should be done until said otherwise.

but my teacher had said this in my last day of school “having teacher assessed grades and lockdown is more likely now than ever so do your very best in these upcoming mocks”.

so my question is how likely is it that there will be another lockdown and exams could cancel? would you say it’s more likely for a lockdown to happen?

i think that the prime minister would wait until after christmas which is stupid as there’d be more cases but i don’t think he’d want to take christmas away from the people.

anyone with other theories?
It’s just a tactic to stress you out into taking mocks seriously. The reality Is no one knows it’s too far away and in my opinion I think it will be very unlikely because the gov won’t want us going to uni without ever having done any formal exams. That’s just my opinion though.
Reply 2
I think it's annoying how we barely get any notice before these things happen, like what was the point of all of that GCSE revision when we didn't even have our exams smh
Original post by aliyah.04x
before i write this i just wanna say idc i’m still going to be revising and doing what should be done until said otherwise.

but my teacher had said this in my last day of school “having teacher assessed grades and lockdown is more likely now than ever so do your very best in these upcoming mocks”.

so my question is how likely is it that there will be another lockdown and exams could cancel? would you say it’s more likely for a lockdown to happen?

i think that the prime minister would wait until after christmas which is stupid as there’d be more cases but i don’t think he’d want to take christmas away from the people.

anyone with other theories?

I said it on the other thread but it all depends what "Higher Education" means, as the government are probably going to place this group into lockdown after Christmas. This is at least for January exams, no one knows what will happen.
Reply 4
Original post by HadiY
I said it on the other thread but it all depends what "Higher Education" means, as the government are probably going to place this group into lockdown after Christmas. This is at least for January exams, no one knows what will happen.

can you send the link of the other thread, im tryna keep up with these things
I seriously doubt they'll be cancelled (although I wish they would be). Due to the inflated grades of predicted results for exams over the covid year they don't want to repeat this method.
Reply 6
Original post by candyfloss123333
I seriously doubt they'll be cancelled (although I wish they would be). Due to the inflated grades of predicted results for exams over the covid year they don't want to repeat this method.

i really hope so, if there is a lockdown again do you think they’ll cancel them? (because that is what they did last year)
can you send the link of the other thread, im tryna keep up with these things

Don't bother they're just chatting randomly now on there lol. But if you wish: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7144813
Reply 8
i don’t celebrate christmas but this year do you think people are gonna go crazy and spread it even more? bc i think that’s the only way a lockdown could happen
Reply 9
I don't think they're getting cancelled
i really hope so, if there is a lockdown again do you think they’ll cancel them? (because that is what they did last year)

I don't think schools will close for Year 11, 12 and 13 - even if they do online learning happens so exams should NOT be cancelled.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending