I'm going to get rejected from every university

Watch this thread
jfkdjfndj
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm homeschooled, no predicted grades, just got rejected from uni of leeds, pretty sure it's because of my lack of predicted grades

Is anyone in a similar situation? scared every other uni I've applied for is just going to reject me without even an interview
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jfkdjfndj)
I'm homeschooled, no predicted grades, just got rejected from uni of leeds, pretty sure it's because of my lack of predicted grades

Is anyone in a similar situation? scared every other uni I've applied for is just going to reject me without even an interview
Hi jfkdjfndj

Have you tried to speak to the Universities directly? Or gain feedback from those that you have already received 'rejections' ...maybe they can help

Leanne ~ 2nd year Student Midwife
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Unis are quite used to assessing home schooled candidates with no predictions. If your
GCSE’s are okay and your ref + PS are solid then you still have a fair chance.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

Stop being paranoid.
You got rejected from one Uni - that is all. It happens.
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

Do you have GCSEs?
jfkdjfndj
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Do you have GCSEs?
Yes I do, average A/A* with couple of B's
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Yes I do, average A/A* with couple of B's
So that provides some evidence of your academic ability. You would be unlucky not to get any offers, it’s definitely too early to panic about it just based on one rejection.
I hope you get your first offer soon.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

Don't panic over being rejected about being rejected from only one university as you can't predict what the universities you apply to will do or say till you apply.

Concertrate on how you can get into other universities by making enquiries.
You got some ok A/A* & few B's so you doing something right in life.

Post #2 / 3 has pointed out you should speak to universities plus universities are use to people in your situation so go and do some more researching on things ok as you won't know till you do so.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
The worst that happens is that you get rejected from every university this year, you take your exams, you have a year out, and next year you apply with achieved grades and nobody gives a flying fish about whether you had predictions or not.

But you probably won't be, not when you have decent GCSE grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (92)
19.96%
The paper was reasonable (176)
38.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.81%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
16.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed