Nuffield research placement

Watch this thread
Unawaree
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Anyone else applying for the Nuffield research placement? [2022]

Comment your subject choices!

Mine are:

Biology
Chemistry
Biomedical science
Biochemistry

Evi.B
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hii! I chose the same options I'm a little bit nervous and I keep checking my emails to see if I have gotten any updates from them ;-; Do you know roughly when they will inform applicants of whether they've been successful or not?
Unawaree
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Reckon they’ll start sending updates as a few days ago I got an email saying they’ve found a project they ‘think ill do well in’.

Hopefully yours will be better than mine as mine is not really relevant to what i applied for.
nikocado
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unawaree)
Anyone else applying for the Nuffield research placement? [2022]

Comment your subject choices!

Mine are:

Biology
Chemistry
Biomedical science
Biochemistry

I picked psychology, social sciences, forensic i think and 1 more which i have forgotten
nikocado
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Reckon they’ll start sending updates as a few days ago I got an email saying they’ve found a project they ‘think ill do well in’.

Hopefully yours will be better than mine as mine is not really relevant to what i applied for.
i'm so nervous to mine, I really want to get accepted. what did u apply for?
aria05
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
hi! I applied for environmental science and I recieved an offer to work with the The Environment Agency!!
S16.x
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, I haven't received any offers yet. Is the offer date gone? (like the date they tell you if you got in or not?)
Last edited by S16.x; 4 weeks ago
aria05
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I think they do it when they find you a placement, so I wouldn't worry too much.
S16.x
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aria05)
I think they do it when they find you a placement, so I wouldn't worry too much.
oh ok, thx
sadddddd
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago

Yeah me too, i aimed for psychology but recieved an offer for politics and history (my other a levels) but the topic i feel is out of my depth, so im unsure of what to do.
nikocado
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sadddddd)
Yeah me too, i aimed for psychology but recieved an offer for politics and history (my other a levels) but the topic i feel is out of my depth, so im unsure of what to do.
when did u receive your offer?
strugglingsixth
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I just got an email from them saying that I've been shortlisted and had a good application, but that doesn't mean I'll get a placement :l
S16.x
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by strugglingsixth)
I just got an email from them saying that I've been shortlisted and had a good application, but that doesn't mean I'll get a placement :l
I haven't gotten any email from them yet, so I might just assume I didn't get in
Congrats to everyone else tho
strugglingsixth
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by S16.x)
I haven't gotten any email from them yet, so I might just assume I didn't get in
I think it depends on your area, cos it differs quite heavily across the UK. For instance, I know Wales' deadline differed from some other places, so it would take a different amount of time to read through applications and allocate. I wouldn't give up hope, they'll most likely email you regardless. It may simply be that there are a lot of applications in your area and they're still reading through them.
Dashidot
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by S16.x)
I wouldn't worry too much yet! When I contacted my regional coordinator she said we'll find out whether we got shortlisted hopefully within the first week of May. Results really depend on your region as far as I know so maybe yours will come later? I haven't gotten mine yet either
S16.x
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
oh ok. i mean being from london probably means a lot of applicants, fair enough. I'll wait and see, thx guys.
Jail_break
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Just got accepted for engineering/manufacturing - really excited to work on the project they have planned now.
Dashidot
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jail_break)
Just got accepted for engineering/manufacturing - really excited to work on the project they have planned now.
Aww that's awesome congrats! I hope you enjoy the project
Anonymous_2047
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jail_break)
I was accepted for that as well!! Are you also doing it at UCL for SWC FabLab?
m0on__.27
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Is it too late for them to give offers now? I haven't received any emails from them after the deadline but I don't want to keep being hopeful when all the offers have been made I'm from London btw :")
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (228)
42.3%
The paper was reasonable (229)
42.49%
Not feeling great about that exam... (49)
9.09%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
6.12%

Watched Threads