The Student Room Group

Rejected from a university I applied to last year and got accepted into

I submitted my ucas application, literally 2 days ago lol and a university I applied to rejected me pretty much instantly without even asking for a portfolio or anything (BA Fine art application) and on top of that this university actually accepted my application and gave me an unconditional offer last year so? I am a tad confused
Maybe they're salty that you rejected them :confused:.....
Ask for feedback.
Universities don't have to accept you just because they previously made you an offer you declined. It depends on their entry criteria, which can change, and on the demand that year.
But why did you reject an offer to a place you now want to go?
Reply 4
Original post by chazwomaq
Universities don't have to accept you just because they previously made you an offer you declined. It depends on their entry criteria, which can change, and on the demand that year.
But why did you reject an offer to a place you now want to go?

Yeah of course not but it was just weird it was instantly rejected, as in an hour after I submitted lol. I have a feeling it’s to do with my personal statement and detecting plagiarism because of my personal statement from last year, am gonna contact them to ask for feedback and explain the situation. I rejected them last year because of parental influence to go to a different uni lol
Original post by Ahhhhhhyeet
Yeah of course not but it was just weird it was instantly rejected, as in an hour after I submitted lol. I have a feeling it’s to do with my personal statement and detecting plagiarism because of my personal statement from last year, am gonna contact them to ask for feedback and explain the situation. I rejected them last year because of parental influence to go to a different uni lol

UCAS won’t flag it for plagiarism if it was you who submitted the statement last year.

If you’ve already checked that the entry requirements haven’t changed, then you can still ask for feedback though.
I submitted my ucas application, literally 2 days ago lol and a university I applied to rejected me pretty much instantly without even asking for a portfolio or anything (BA Fine art application) and on top of that this university actually accepted my application and gave me an unconditional offer last year so? I am a tad confused

Hey, some programmes don’t accept reapplicants. Not sure if it’s many or just the few I know of but maybe look into that and see if that’s why? x sorry about the rejection Though, better luck with the rest of your application.
Reply 7
Original post by Chi chi5
Hey, some programmes don’t accept reapplicants. Not sure if it’s many or just the few I know of but maybe look into that and see if that’s why? x sorry about the rejection Though, better luck with the rest of your application.

I’m gonna give them a call and see what’s up because it was an instant rejection which weirds me out a bit. Am stressing quite a lot lol but thanks x

Did you update your PS at all?
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
Did you update your PS at all?

I added a few things
I added a few things

It's either that then or possibe an error - you need to contact them. An offer one year doesn't guarantee one another year.
Original post by Muttley79
It's either that then or possibe an error - you need to contact them. An offer one year doesn't guarantee one another year.

Yeah gonna call them tomorrow cos it just feels weird that they’d instantly reject my application even though everything is the exact same as last year lol
Yeah of course not but it was just weird it was instantly rejected, as in an hour after I submitted lol.

We don't spend hours deliberating over applications. Most require only a cursory read to make an offer or not. So someone just read yours soon after it came in.

Quick Reply

Latest