child development question. - health and social care

Watch this thread
Gabz1335
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Munira (two years old) attends a playgroup every morning and is very popular with
the other children. Munira is quickly developing her language skills.
(f) To what extent are social and environmental factors the most important influence
in the development of language in children?

One way in wich sohal factors can influnce the development of langauge in children is there opportunities in soshal activities like plating games with frends this will help there language development as the children will learn from each other tif they have more frends they will communicate more with will corse there language to develop. Murina has lots of frends at nursery this meens her language skills are increasing as she will communicate with her friends this will improve her language skills and help her langauge development as the more she communicates with her friends the more her language will progress.
One way in wich economic factors can effect a childs language development is the resources they have at home. For example if a child has lots of interactive and educational toys there language development will improve but not everyone can afford lots of toys and resources. If murina has lots of interactive and educashonal toys at home it will help her langauge development as she will be learning at home in a fun way as well as leerning at nursery however if she dusnt it will not help her language development as she will not be leerning at home. This cood have a negative impact as it cood put her behind the other children in nursery.
One way in wich enviromental factors can influence the develpment of langauge is that children leern from there environment. For example if someone put there child in front of the televishon everynight they will not have a good learning environment whereas if parents reed to there child and interact with them it will help there language development as they are in a good learning environment. Murnina live in a big house and has some older siblings this cood be good for her as she will have some role models to look up to. However it cood also have a negative impact of her language development for example if her older siblings and parents swear and use bad words murina will start to learn them.
One way in wich intellectual factors can effect a childs language development is that if a child has a learning disability they may be behind other children in language development as they will learn it in there own time in there own way. If someone whoo attends murina nursery has a learning disability murina might be more advanced in lanuage devlopment then them.
In conclishon i think that soshal and environmental factors are just as important as any othet factors in influencing a childs language development because as you can see many different factors other than soshal or environmental can impact a child language development.

what would you mark this out of 10 or how can it make it better
( ignore the spelling im dyslexic)
mstickbug
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
It's a good start, you've talked about resouces and primary carers influencing language development for the environmental factors, and learning disabilities for biological. I think you should add some theories in to get some extra marks. e.g. Chomsky's LAD where the process of acquiring language is innate. You've said how communicating with her friends will improve her development, here you could add the social learning theory where children replicate behaviours which they observe. You could maybe talk about the nature nurture debate too. Well done so far
Gabz1335
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by mstickbug)
It's a good start, you've talked about resouces and primary carers influencing language development for the environmental factors, and learning disabilities for biological. I think you should add some theories in to get some extra marks. e.g. Chomsky's LAD where the process of acquiring language is innate. You've said how communicating with her friends will improve her development, here you could add the social learning theory where children replicate behaviours which they observe. You could maybe talk about the nature nurture debate too. Well done so far
alright thank you.
i dont really know all the theories.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
22.73%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.55%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (3)
13.64%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
9.09%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
27.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
22.73%

Watched Threads