Further Decision 2 2%
Further Pure 1 24%
Further Pure 2 6%
AQA Mechanics and Statistics 0%
AQA Discrete and Statistics 0%
AQA Discrete and Mechanics 2%
Other (list it please)0%
Total votes: 54
Which Further Maths A-Level modules do you study?

For OCR MEI Major and Minor options please choose Further 1 for Minor and Further 2 for the Major.

Further Mechanics 1

Further Mechanics 2

Further Statistics 1

Further Statistics 2

Further Decision 1

Further Decision 2

Further Pure 1

Further Pure 2

AQA Mechanics and Statistics

AQA Discrete and Statistics

AQA Discrete and Mechanics
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Who else is studying more than 2 options for A-Level Maths? I'm doing FM1, FM2 and FD1.
Original post by thegeek888
Who else is studying more than 2 options for A-Level Maths? I'm doing FM1, FM2 and FD1.

I was going to but there's no benefit to it. I'm just doing chapters from the books that look interesting instead.
Reply 3
Original post by Itsmikeysfault
I was going to but there's no benefit to it. I'm just doing chapters from the books that look interesting instead.

Are you doing AQA or OCR MEI?
Are you doing AQA or OCR MEI?

Edexcel. The modules I'm doing are FP1 and FM1
Reply 5
Original post by Itsmikeysfault
Edexcel. The modules I'm doing are FP1 and FM1

How challenging are the topic(s) in FP1? Are there past questions from 2001 to 2018 from FP1, FP2 and FP3 modules?
How challenging are the topic(s) in FP1? Are there past questions from 2001 to 2018 from FP1, FP2 and FP3 modules?

It's not that challenging tbh.
The chapters are: vectors, conic sections, inequalities, t-fomulae, taulor series, methods in calculus (stuff like Leibnitz's theorem and L'Hospital's rule), numerical methods, and reducible differential equations.
Idk I don't use past papers.
Reply 7
I'm aware of the content and browsed all the modyule textbooks at Waterstones!!! :biggrin: lol

I chose FD1 as most topics are similar to the old AS D1 and there are past papers from January 2001 to June 2018. But there are new topics from the old D2 included too. So it is not too challenging. I also like Computer Science so it is enjoyable.

I also chose FM2, because most of the content is M2, M3 and some M4 content from the old specification. The questions in the textbook are very much like the actual exam questions and past papers from January 2001 to June 2018 are useful for preparation too. :wink:

I decided not to do FP1 as I am self teaching myself Further Maths and FP1 has fairly new topics, besides FM2 is a short module and has so much knowledge required from modules of P1, P2 Mechanics at A-Level and CP1, CP2, FM1 at Further Maths A-Level.

I wish you the best of luck with FP1 and A* success!!! :smile:
Reply 8
So far it looks like Further Mechanics and Further Decision modules are the most popular!!! :biggrin: lol
Reply 9
Who does Further Statistics 1 and Further Statistics 2? :s-smilie:
pretty sure that's the most uncommon option as nearly every school hates statistics

I'm teaching all the Edexcel ones.
How do you find Further mechanics 2?

I will be starting it next year but it seems like there is not alot of revision out there for it. Is the content harder than the other modules?
Original post by Muttley79
I'm teaching all the Edexcel ones.
Original post by Jidejunior
How do you find Further mechanics 2?

I will be starting it next year but it seems like there is not alot of revision out there for it. Is the content harder than the other modules?

I don't think so but I love teaching mechanics :smile:
Reply 14

I do FS1,FP1,FM1 and FD1 xd

Quick Reply

Latest