Constant headaches

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’ve had headaches multiple days per week for at least ten years, I can’t remember ever not getting headaches tbh but my dad thinks they started when I was about 7. The pain level varies but usually they’re bearable. I’ve sort of just accepted it as my life, I carry around painkillers and just take 2 whenever I have a headache and move on with life, I don’t have really bad ones very often, so I’ve never really seen this as an issue because it’s basically all I’ve ever known and I feel like it doesn’t really affect me that badly, also if it was a serious disease then surely I’d be dead by now because I’ve been having them for what feels like my whole life. But my friends think it’s bad that I get them so often and think I should get it checked out. Do you think this is a problem and should I go to the doctors?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
Yes go to the doctors
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Yes please see your GP. Having the occasional headache is quite normal - often when we don't drink enough water etc. - but having them that often is something that needs looking at. It may be something relatively minor like slightly high blood pressure but it's always good to catch these things as early as you can :yep:
username5865886
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve had headaches multiple days per week for at least ten years, I can’t remember ever not getting headaches tbh but my dad thinks they started when I was about 7. The pain level varies but usually they’re bearable. I’ve sort of just accepted it as my life, I carry around painkillers and just take 2 whenever I have a headache and move on with life, I don’t have really bad ones very often, so I’ve never really seen this as an issue because it’s basically all I’ve ever known and I feel like it doesn’t really affect me that badly, also if it was a serious disease then surely I’d be dead by now because I’ve been having them for what feels like my whole life. But my friends think it’s bad that I get them so often and think I should get it checked out. Do you think this is a problem and should I go to the doctors?
if you been having them constantly for 10 years deffo go to the doctors
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
Yes please see your GP. Having the occasional headache is quite normal - often when we don't drink enough water etc. - but having them that often is something that needs looking at. It may be something relatively minor like slightly high blood pressure but it's always good to catch these things as early as you can :yep:
i agree, do see your gp. i don't know how you cope. would you let s us know how you get on? 10 years of pain doesn't sound right
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Go and see your GP for advise on this ok. Never underestimate a migraine to be nothing especially if it comes and goes. There's numerous reasons why people get headaches.
A NHS registered nurse ( midwife ).

What can cause headaches
The most common reasons are:-

having a cold or flu
stress
drinking too much alcohol
bad posture
eyesight problems
not eating regular meals
not drinking enough fluids (dehydration)
taking too many painkillers
having your period or during menopause if you are female.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Never underestimate a migraine to be nothing especially if it comes and goes.
I'm pretty sure coming and going is what migraines do!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.28%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (107)
29.48%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed