joshstickkz
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I need help with the four pages we're allowed in the Unit 4 BTEC health and social care exam. Our teacher hasn't taught us anything and i just need to be told straight forward what i have to research and what i need to include in the exam. I'm doing the second article. Any links would help too. Thank you
Last edited by joshstickkz; 4 weeks ago
billsj
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Firstly, the lgbtq one is useless, do the obesity one

look up green space experiments thew effect on physical activity

look up how physical activity effects mental health/wellbeign research papers

and look up a evaluation of gp referal for physical activity compairison - compairing walking intervention and intrutor intervention.

its all about holistic health.

q1 find postives/negitives of the methods and reliability/validity

look up external and internal validity
joshstickkz
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank u, I've already kind of set myself on the social article tho. I could change to the health one if nobody has any advice for the LGBTQ one. I haven't started researching yet so it doesn't matter either way.
Thanks again
billsj
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by joshstickkz)
Thank u, I've already kind of set myself on the social article tho. I could change to the health one if nobody has any advice for the LGBTQ one. I haven't started researching yet so it doesn't matter either way.
Thanks again
the exam is in 12 days, the health article is alot more content then the other
joshstickkz
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by billsj)
the exam is in 12 days, the health article is alot more content then the other
okay ? What would you like me to do exactly? Someone has PM'd me the info for the social article, yet i've had no help on the health one. I'd rather have to write loads for the social and know about it than write nothing for the health one because i know nothing about it.
billsj
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
okay ? What would you like me to do exactly? Someone has PM'd me the info for the social article, yet i've had no help on the health one. I'd rather have to write loads for the social and know about it than write nothing for the health one because i know nothing about it.
in the lgbtq one what research methods do they use - advantages and disadvantages of the methods and how do the methods copair with secondary papers youve looked up

Primary = article
seondary= papers youve looked up

you want around 4 paragraphs
----
q2 --- the importance of research into social research - why is it important - why do we do research itno social care- the effect on indivuals,professionals and society.

q2 ids all about secondary research youve looked up

so like - from a seocndary paper (bhf.org) said acceptance and equality propmotes peoples development and overall health, acceptance reduces stress,due to endorphines in the brain,reducing mental hjealth.

stuff like that
3q - implications of research

i dont know this question

q4

what skills,research is needed if you conducted research

https://hsctallis.weebly.com/uploads...ort_jan_19.pdf

theres a past paper,its not about lgdpq but its gpot thew questiosn youll follow
Emii20078
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
hey this was all really helpful info. i know you weren't talking to me but its really helped. do you know what the research methods are for the LGTBTQ article?
Emii20078
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks again
Hey do you have any research methods for the social article?
joshstickkz
Rep:
(Original post by Emii20078)
Hey do you have any research methods for the social article?
idek what types of research methods there are regardless.. sorry
billsj
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
idek what types of research methods there are regardless.. sorry
Read the revision book and understand what methods are qualitative and quantitivbe

survey
advantages disadvantages
reliability
validity
suitability and bias

4 methods from the primary research

have u read the article?
joshstickkz
Rep:
Read the revision book and understand what methods are qualitative and quantitivbe

survey
advantages disadvantages
reliability
validity
suitability and bias

4 methods from the primary research

have u read the article?
yes i've read the article. all irrelevant information so therefore my brain refuses to retain it.. its all boring and i genuinely cannot believe people are employed to create this type of work.
But thank you for your help
Last edited by joshstickkz; 1 week ago
billsj
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
yes i've read the article. all irrelevant information so therefore my brain refuses to retain it.. its all boring and i genuinely cannot believe people are employed to create this type of work.
But that you for your help
You say that but, its not for our exam, this is how people do research globally and its how research is formatted.
joshstickkz
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
You say that but, its not for our exam, this is how people do research globally and its how research is formatted.
Im talking about the people who pick what we have to write about
S1902772
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi, do you mid comparing notes I’m also doin the social one.
dfordaisy
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
has anyone done the reserch meathods on the lgbtq article
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (70)
12.7%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.63%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.77%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.99%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (268)
48.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.27%

Watched Threads