totallytechit
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I’m trying to help my daughter who’s currently completing an apprenticeship as a teaching assistant.

The college have said:

“It’s a level 3 Teaching assistant apprenticeship. It has no formal qualification attached to it which would be a foundation degree or diploma but it is a formal level 3 qualification.”

However we are struggling to find out how many ucas points it would be worth and if that would be enough to be accepted at a university.

Anglia Ruskin says this about the Primary Education Studies course

Entry requirements for foundation year study at ARU College:

• five GCSE passes at grade 3 or D or above and evidence of two years post-GCSE study at Level 3
  • if you have achieved at least grade E in one A level, or equivalent, you are exempt from the two year post-GCSE study requirement, but you still have to meet the GCSE requirements

so my daughter finished high school and then started her apprenticeship. Her apprenticeship will be completed in jan/feb which will be 16/17 months

Can anyone help with any advice on if she’s done enough to get into a uni?
Last edited by totallytechit; 3 weeks ago
Ash1234
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
This website will be the best for you to find out: they usually have a live chat option https://getintoteaching.education.go...come-a-teacher
Most likely the apprenticeship qualification will be under Alternatives when you are reviewing entry requirements but I'd suggest you get in contact with someone at get into teaching then you can look into other routes for your daughter..

All the best.
PrimaryITE
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by totallytechit)
Hi,
I’m trying to help my daughter who’s currently completing an apprenticeship as a teaching assistant.

The college have said:

“It’s a level 3 Teaching assistant apprenticeship. It has no formal qualification attached to it which would be a foundation degree or diploma but it is a formal level 3 qualification.”

However we are struggling to find out how many ucas points it would be worth and if that would be enough to be accepted at a university.

Anglia Ruskin says this about the Primary Education Studies course

Entry requirements for foundation year study at ARU College:

• five GCSE passes at grade 3 or D or above and evidence of two years post-GCSE study at Level 3
  • if you have achieved at least grade E in one A level, or equivalent, you are exempt from the two year post-GCSE study requirement, but you still have to meet the GCSE requirements

so my daughter finished high school and then started her apprenticeship. Her apprenticeship will be completed in jan/feb which will be 16/17 months

Can anyone help with any advice on if she’s done enough to get into a uni?
Foundation (level 3) apprenticeships are usually worth 42 points
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads