The Student Room Group

Boeing and Airbus warn US over 5G safety concerns

Personally i say this seems grossly overblown by the simple fact plenty of people have access to 5G and use it with no planes dropping out of the sky.. then again im no engineer so i cant actually speak to the technical issues they claim to be concerned about. It does look suspiciously like the old baloney where it was said mobiles in general would interfere with a plane and cause it to drop out of the sky (i wonder how many of you are young enough to remember this?) and i certainly dont recall any planes having issues, let alone crashing, because of anyone playing on their Sonys and Nokias...

Thoughts? :smile:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59737194
What is special about 5G?

Why does that interfere with aircraft but the Heathrow baggage handlers’ 30 year old Ghettoblaster and the ex-Soviet Air Force radar system at some God-forsaken African airfield doesn’t?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by nulli tertius
What is special about 5G?

Why does that interfere with aircraft but the Heathrow baggage handlers’ 30 year old Ghettoblaster and the ex-Soviet Air Force radar system at some God-forsaken African airfield doesn’t?

And why have no other aircraft manufacturer complained? :lol:
Probably some corporate mid-wit is worried about liability.

Planes survive getting hit by lightening so I'd expect the risk from 5G to be negligible.
Original post by Napp
Personally i say this seems grossly overblown by the simple fact plenty of people have access to 5G and use it with no planes dropping out of the sky.. then again im no engineer so i cant actually speak to the technical issues they claim to be concerned about. It does look suspiciously like the old baloney where it was said mobiles in general would interfere with a plane and cause it to drop out of the sky (i wonder how many of you are young enough to remember this?) and i certainly dont recall any planes having issues, let alone crashing, because of anyone playing on their Sonys and Nokias...

Thoughts? :smile:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59737194

To be fair, if there's even a tiny chance of an incident I'd want them to make efforts to avoid it.

Alcatel master race checking in. :cool:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest