Mock results

Watch this thread
Aqua12345
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
just got my mock results, these are my grades:
Physics 9, maths 7, business 7, chemistry 7, biology 7, English lit 6, geography 6, history 6, English Lang 5, RS 4.
So overall: 9777766654
Are these good results? I want to get maths up to an 8/9 for the summer exams because next year for A-levels I want to do maths, physics and maybe further maths or psychology.
Last edited by Aqua12345; 4 months ago
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
yes these seem great! entry requirements vary from place to place but you seem to meet general entry requirements for those A levels. You may want to try and increase english lang if you think you are capable as that is the grade people tend to look at alongside maths the most once your at A level and beyond. However, there isnt anything wrong with a 5 by any means, so you seem to be doing a great job!
Aqua12345
Rep:
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
yes these seem great! entry requirements vary from place to place but you seem to meet general entry requirements for those A levels. You may want to try and increase english lang if you think you are capable as that is the grade people tend to look at alongside maths the most once your at A level and beyond. However, there isnt anything wrong with a 5 by any means, so you seem to be doing a great job!
Yes, English Lang is something I also need to improve on, maths is the main thing tho because I want to do further maths. Ty tho😁
Aqua12345
Rep:
just got my mock results, these are my grades:
Physics 9, maths 7, business 7, chemistry 7, biology 7, English lit 6, geography 6, history 6, English Lang 5, RS 4.
So overall: 9777766654
Are these good results? I want to get maths up to an 8/9 for the summer exams because next year for A-levels I want to do maths, physics and maybe further maths.
Summer Bird
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Those are awesome results! if you practice enough, you'll reach your goal for maths!
username5794123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Just practice more in maths and you have that 8/9 in the bag. Easily.
Last edited by username5794123; 4 months ago
learner843
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
They're pretty good mock grades, keep your head down and you can achieve the grades you want. When picking Alevel make sure to get a variety of opinions from people who completed the Alevels. I felt I revised Further Maths the longest out of my other 2 Alevels but I only managed to get a B, which doesn't meet requirements from a lot of top unis (context: grade 8 maths GCSE). However, maths modules at university became very easy after studying Further Maths, so that's something you should consider.
Aqua12345
Rep:
(Original post by learner843)
They're pretty good mock grades, keep your head down and you can achieve the grades you want. When picking Alevel make sure to get a variety of opinions from people who completed the Alevels. I felt I revised Further Maths the longest out of my other 2 Alevels but I only managed to get a B, which doesn't meet requirements from a lot of top unis (context: grade 8 maths GCSE). However, maths modules at university became very easy after studying Further Maths, so that's something you should consider.
What were your other 2 choices at A level?
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
How did u reviseee
Aqua12345
Rep:
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
How did u reviseee
I did lots of past papers, and used seneca loads for all 3 sciences, history and geography. For maths I used Corbettmaths a lot, their 5-a-day is very good and their videos and worksheets are too. For remembering facts and things like that, anki is very very good, it helped a lot with history, RS and English lit quotes.
Last edited by Aqua12345; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (146)
42.44%
Not yet, but I will soon (62)
18.02%
No (136)
39.53%

Watched Threads