Sheffield or Lancaster? Msc Management

Watch
LuciferFrost
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey guys, I have just the offer from both Lancaster and Sheffield for MSc in management and I'm not really sure which ones to pick? My main criteria for the uni are the placements and student life because my bachelors ended before it got started due to covid and I wasn't able to enjoy it. Keeping in mind I am an international student which uni would be better for my course? Currently, I am leaning towards Sheffield since I have seen tons of videos of it and honestly its student life looks amazing to me but I wasn't able to find much about Lancaster on youtube.
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Try looking at some of threads posted by Ghostlady on the Lancaster forum. She's given lots of useful information and links to youtube videos.
Last edited by normaw; 1 month ago
Lancaster University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LuciferFrost)
hey guys, I have just the offer from both Lancaster and Sheffield for MSc in management and I'm not really sure which ones to pick? My main criteria for the uni are the placements and student life because my bachelors ended before it got started due to covid and I wasn't able to enjoy it. Keeping in mind I am an international student which uni would be better for my course? Currently, I am leaning towards Sheffield since I have seen tons of videos of it and honestly its student life looks amazing to me but I wasn't able to find much about Lancaster on youtube.
Hi LuciferFrost,

Speaking from personal experience, the social life at Lancaster was plenty for me. There are hundreds of societies all with a range of people across the spectrum of drinking and nightlife. There are plenty of places to drink and enough clubs for me. In addition, bigger cities such as Blackpool, Manchester and Preston are close if you wanted to expand you activities beyond Lancaster. Lancaster does have a range of International students too, so it could be worth trying to get in contact with an international ambassador on Unibuddy. And as normaw said above, Ghostlady puts load of great video content on here, definitely worth checking out.

I also have a friend at Sheffield and he loves it there. He always seems to be out having a great time and there are probably more nightclub opportunities there.

Hope this helps.
Jake (third year at Lancaster University)
Kentinho99
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LuciferFrost)
Hey if i was you I'd choose Lancaster as sorry Sheffield but during these times it would be better to be at Lancaster its a nicer cleaner city in my opinion again nothing against Sheffield got two of the greatest English footballing teams haha but for unis I'd choose Lancaster
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.82%
October 2021 (237)
44.89%
November 2021 (63)
11.93%
December 2021 (67)
12.69%
January 2021 (65)
12.31%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
8.33%