how to get started studying when i have left it last minute and have no motivation

Watch
zainab.a
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't know i just feel so burnt out and i've already taken like 5 days to 'relax' so i really really really need to start now. now i have two weeks till my a level mocks and dont know where to start, how to start.
thank you and any help would be greatly appreciated. I take bio, chem and geography is anyone was wondering.

summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Watch YT for chem to recap the content and go through several resources while following the spec and then practice past paper questions.
tvdfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm kinda in the same boat as you but with uni. Also completely struggling with geography module so if you find any resources for it pls let me know
zainab.a
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Watch YT for chem to recap the content and go through several resources while following the spec and then practice past paper questions.
thank you so much it's really appreciated
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by zainab.a)
thank you so much it's really appreciated
No prob
Wattsie
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hardest bit is starting but the longer you leave it to start the harder it gets (most of us have been there)

Not sure if it will work for you but when I'm in that hole I make sure my room is set up nice, get a shower and then spend roughly one hour doing the hard stuff/subjects (read/say/write works for me) then get a drink followed by an hour of the easy stuff/subjects before going for a walk. Then repeat and I try to get roughly three 1 hour sessions of the hard stuff/subjects done, and a couple of hours of the easier stuff/subjects done in the day if I'm not at school.

If all that fails you could always try adopting the shoutiest parent that any of your friends have

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (21)
22.34%
Note taking apps (3)
3.19%
Flashcards (14)
14.89%
Revision guides (3)
3.19%
Past papers (48)
51.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
5.32%

Watched Threads