Sleep

Watch
candyfloss123333
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I can never sleep it's kinda a problem-
On average I fall asleep between 12am-2am and I am very bored of this. I've stopped going on my phone before bed + reading instead or just sleep music or nothing but it hasn't workeddd
Any advice? :,)
journeyaway
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I got insomnia fairly often while I was in university, although that was triggered by anxiety. I manage it much better now - exercise helps get out all my energy in the day, and I make myself eat better too. Do you take energy drinks, coffee, soft drinks, alcohol? Some soft drinks like Coke do have caffeine in them.
candyfloss123333
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by journeyaway)
I got insomnia fairly often while I was in university, although that was triggered by anxiety. I manage it much better now - exercise helps get out all my energy in the day, and I make myself eat better too. Do you take energy drinks, coffee, soft drinks, alcohol? Some soft drinks like Coke do have caffeine in them.
I don't usually, i don't think I can fix it it's been this way for 4 years and gradually got worse
Amy Stivens
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Try to go for a walk around 5-6pm, have a long bath with essential oils (lavender from https://volantaroma.se/ is my top for relaxation) and read a book or a magazine. Also some sports during the day has a positive effect on your sleep
Last edited by Amy Stivens; 1 week ago
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Find a nice group outdoor or indoor exercise class. Fit in a longish walk too to a park etc each day. When it is not raining, a untimed walk outside in the fresh air can help. Sleeping pills may also make a huge amount of difference overall. Read some good recommended books or articles on healthy bodies and healthy minds as well. The NHS website has a ton more useful information on the topic so do try to start there. Additionally explore your other exercise class options carefully here.

See if your local leisure centre have a few group exercise classes you can attend and make sure to fully investigate other useful options like college exercise classes in addition. Or you can even aim to find out if there are qualified private fitness trainers online for personal hire and use on top of that. Additionally you can even join a private gym or use a fitness app.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Have you looked int sleep hygiene? No lights 30 mins before bed, warm drink, no caffeine near bed time, hot bath/shower ewtc. otherwise theres various sleeping medications (natural and medical, as it were, from valerian and magnesium to antihistamines, zopiclone etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%