EPQ in my offer

Watch this thread
SJ__
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have recently received an offer to study law at Royal Holloway. The offer is ABB but subject to me getting an A in EPQ. I am likely going to achieve a B in EPQ so does that mean that I won’t achieve my offer.

I just find it weird as I’m predicted way above ABB so I don’t understand why the EPQ decides my offer.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Email them and ask - and ask if you now dropped the EPQ (even if you dont....) what woud the offer be?
Usually EPQs are only given as part of a 2nd offer - ie. AAA or AAB plus EPQ A - but RHUL may do things differently.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Agree with the above, it's uncommon for EPQ's to be mandatory. More often they are part of an alternative with a slight reduction in AL requirements. It's worth checking with RH before you make your choices to see how you'd be considered if you exceeded the AL part of the offer but dropped a grade in the EPQ.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (65)
41.67%
The paper was reasonable (71)
45.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (11)
7.05%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
5.77%

Watched Threads