University of Edinburgh acceptance

Watch this thread
kjh2003
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi all, I was just wondering if I'd still have a chance at getting accepted into Edinburgh Nursing Studies. Edinburgh is my top choice for Nursing and I'm planning on becoming a paediatric nurse but currently work part time as a Carer. However, I am aware that Edinburgh's course primarily focuses on adult nursing & some aspects of mental health nursing. Would there still be a possibility of acceptance if I have focused on Child nursing in my personal statement?
Thanks,
Kacie.
Last edited by kjh2003; 7 months ago
Becky2305
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by kjh2003)
Hi all, I was just wondering if I'd still have a chance at getting accepted into Edinburgh Nursing Studies. Edinburgh is my top choice for Nursing and I'm planning on becoming a paediatric nurse but currently work part time as a Carer. However, I am aware that Edinburgh's course primarily focuses on adult nursing & some aspects of mental health nursing. Would there still be a possibility of acceptance if I have focused on Child nursing in my personal statement?
Thanks,
Kacie.
You won't be able to become a paediatric nurse; this course gives you qualified adult nurse status. You would need to take a child specific nursing course to become a children's nurse.

Edinburgh is a very competitive uni for nursing and focusing your personal statement on something that isn't what the course teaches means you will probably be rejected. I don't suggest applying to Edinburgh if you want to be a paediatric nurse.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by kjh2003)
Thanks,
Kacie.
Edinburgh Napier university does children nursing courses / adult nursing / mental health nursing & midwifing degrees.

I not sure about Queens Margaret University on outskirts of edinburgh as I know they do adult nursing course.

You'll need to research which universities does this okay if you thinking about going to any other university for it.

Edinburgh Napier is the largest provider of child health nurses in Scotland and is the ideal starting point for anyone wishing to progress in a career in child health nursing.
https://www.napier.ac.uk › courses
BN Nursing (Child Health) Undergraduate Full-time - Edinburgh Napier University
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.15%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (55)
55.56%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.04%

Watched Threads