Criminal Law Reform Assessment

Watch this thread
jamieclarke123
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
For my criminal law assessment, I am to argue for reform in a criminal law area of my choosing.

The areas of law I can choose from are:
Murder
gross neg manslaughter
loss of control
Hate Crimes
Coercive and controlling behaviour
Sexual offences
None fatal offences
defences

Which are these would be the easiest to argue, I'm thinking with maybe the most sources of information I can use to build my argument.
Joleee
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
sexual offences
jamieclarke123
Rep:
(Original post by Joleee)
sexual offences
Thanks.

For vacation schemes, internships and insight days, which of these are available to first years?
jamieclarke123
Rep:
(Original post by jamieclarke123)
Thanks.

For vacation schemes, internships and insight days, which of these are available to first years?
Reality Check harrysbar
Can you answer this for me, please?
I think insight days are definitely for first years but I'm not sure what they are. Are they something I can put on my CV?
Also, If I'm applying for an internship/insight with available spaces in cities all over the country, and I say attend Manchester Uni, are they expecting me to choose Manchester as my first choice location over say Birmingham?
It's just that I've seen on here before that law firms often prefer to hire people from unis from the same city that they are in. .
Last edited by jamieclarke123; 4 months ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jamieclarke123)
Reality Check harrysbar
Can you answer this for me, please?
I think insight days are definitely for first years but I'm not sure what they are. Are they something I can put on my CV?
Also, If I'm applying for an internship/insight with available spaces in cities all over the country, and I say attend Manchester Uni, are they expecting me to choose Manchester as my first choice location over say Birmingham?
It's just that I've seen on here before that law firms often prefer to hire people from unis from the same city that they are in. .
Thanks for the tag.

Insight Days are specifically designed for first-year undergrads who know they want a career in law - most recruitment stuff is aimed at second and third years, so an I.D. is great for a first-year student, but not for a student at your stage.

I think the highest academic achievement is much more important than applying to a firm in the same city, which would be a very minor consideration.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.02%
The paper was reasonable (138)
37.5%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.35%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.13%

Watched Threads