Universities for a Business degree

Watch this thread
User46589
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
What universities in the UK are best for business-related courses?
Ricksanchezz
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Check the university and subject rankings on different sites.
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by User46589)
What universities in the UK are best for business-related courses?
Hi User46589,

There are many factors which go into choosing the "best" business school. It's worth considering many factors such as what kind of business related course you feel you'd mot like to study - be it Business Management (generally the most broad and can usually be tailored most easily depending on your interest areas). Or something more specific, such as Business Analytics, Business Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Accounting & Finance or Finance - depending on your skills and interests.

I recommend looking through various course webpages, to read all about what the courses are like for a start. On the University of Southampton's website for example, you can even deep dive into all of the module content to give you a really detailed understanding of what you'll be learning on the business course. This will also show you which modules are compulsory and which are optional, so you understand how you can tailor your degree.

Other important factors to consider are;
- Where in the UK you'd like to live and study, remember you're going to be there for at least 3 years!
- What other resources the university / business school has - such as do they offer placement years or years to study abroad.
- Would you prefer a city or campus based Univeristy.
- What sports / societies the university offers - for example if you play tennis, like me, then you might consider what the tennis facilities at the university are like.

And many other factors, I suggest looking through some of virtual open day content online and if you can visit the university open days in person where you can often talk to staff and students at the university you are considering to really get a feel for which university is right for you.

Good luck, if you have any further questions I'd be more than happy to answer them. Or if you had anything specific about the University of Southampton Business School.

Best wishes,
James
University of Southampton Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.44%
The paper was reasonable (133)
36.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
29.17%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.44%

Watched Threads