Psychology with cognitive neuroscience ay Nottingham Uni

Watch this thread
EMBaguette
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm applying for this course and I would love to hear any experiences even with just psychology at Nottingham. Like how does it work? How much free time do you have? How interesting/engaging is the course? I personally love the more biological aspects of psychology.
Finally any tips or recommendations would be great!
daniitaylor
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
not an answer to your question but i haven't met anyone else who's applied for this course ! how's your application doing? x
EMBaguette
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by daniitaylor)
not an answer to your question but i haven't met anyone else who's applied for this course ! how's your application doing? x
Hi! It’s nice to someone interested in this course I’ve had an offer for ABB and hoping to attend the offer holder day in feb. Hope your application is going well x
daniitaylor
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by EMBaguette)
Hi! It’s nice to someone interested in this course I’ve had an offer for ABB and hoping to attend the offer holder day in feb. Hope your application is going well x
same! maybe i’ll see you there? mines on the 16th
EMBaguette
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
ooo I think mine is also then (:

(Original post by daniitaylor)
same! maybe i’ll see you there? mines on the 16th
EmilyClarke24
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
ooo I think mine is also then (:
Hey,

I am a current 3rd year student at Nottingham.
I study Biology and psychology but take a lot of cognitive neuroscience modules within the school of psychology.

If you have any questions about the uni or the psychology department in general then just let me know,
Emily
EMBaguette
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by EmilyClarke24)
Hey,

I am a current 3rd year student at Nottingham.
I study Biology and psychology but take a lot of cognitive neuroscience modules within the school of psychology.

If you have any questions about the uni or the psychology department in general then just let me know,
Emily
Hi sorry for the late reply I really appreciate that. Can I ask what made you choose to do your course at Nottingham? How many hours of lectures a week do you have? Any regrets? Also just any advice or tips for each year would be amazing x
EmilyClarke24
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi sorry for the late reply I really appreciate that. Can I ask what made you choose to do your course at Nottingham? How many hours of lectures a week do you have? Any regrets? Also just any advice or tips for each year would be amazing x
Hey, no problem at all!

I personally just really liked Nottingham as a campus. The sports facilities were also a big plus for me. The course itself seemed really friendly and the staff I met on the open/offer holder days were all really nice. If you get the chance to visit any uni then just see how it feels. I know some I visited just didn't seem right and some felt good.
In first year I had around 10 hours of lectures then I had biology labs every few weeks which were 4 hours each and once a week I had a 4 hour chemistry lab. Obviously depending on the course and the modules you pick will depend on if you have other additional time such as labs or tutorials.
In terms of regrets the only thing I can think of is not getting as involved in random sports/societies in first year. There is always opportunities but I think its a great way to meet people and wish I had tried out a few more things, even if I didn't think I would necessarily stick with them long term.
In first year don't place too much importance and stress yourself out on studies. It's a big adjustment and settling in and finding like-minded people if the main part, especially at the start. Obviously you need to pass but if you attend most lectures and do any of the required work then you'll be just fine.
Attending every lecture you can is probably my main piece of advice. It's so tempting to just stay in bed and watch the recordings, if they are available, but I have found I concentrate much more in person and can just use the recordings for revision etc.

Hope this helps but if you want to know more then just let me know,
Emily x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (60)
15.75%
The paper was reasonable (187)
49.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (96)
25.2%
It was TERRIBLE (38)
9.97%

Watched Threads