The Student Room Group

Working out his intentions with me. Need your opinions

So, this guy messaged me on ig a few weeks back and for some reason we started talking and we’ve been on a date. Date went well we talked for a long time without akward moments he insisted on buying me drinks. I persuade him to come to the club after because my friend were going. When we get there though he goes in without checking that I’m there (I had to re do a COVID test) then inside the club he keeps going off alone but whenever I bumped into him he would talk dance and kiss me. He then says he has to leave because he has work early the next morning and texts me saying “get home safe x” my friend told me If he’s my date he should’ve stayed with me the whole time but I kinda let him off the hook bcos he did say at clubs he goes off a lot

Fast forward and he said we should meet again, he asks me to come over to his tonight but I suggest going somewhere instead to which he replies that he can’t be bothered to go out and would rather chill at home. Obviously my mind thinks he just wants one thing. After having to keep explaining why I don’t wanna come over he suggests I come to the pub again with him and his friends but I just say it’s too far to go tonight.

He’s said after Christmas we can go for food or something

I just don’t know what his intentions are if he wants a hook up or wants to spend time with me
I like him.
He left the club without a girl (you) because he had to work in the morning. Seems level headed and reasonable to me. If he had bad intentions he would’ve brought you home that night in the club I think.

Just from what you said here he seems like a cool guy. No red flags.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by xobeauty
I like him.
He left the club without a girl (you) because he had to work in the morning. Seems level headed and reasonable to me. If he had bad intentions he would’ve brought you home that night in the club I think.

Just from what you said here he seems like a cool guy. No red flags.

Ok, I’m glad you think this. However some red flags were I’m pretty sure I saw him on the tinder app in the club? Maybe he accidentally went on it. Also his home screen is a half naked model. Do with that what you will haha. Also on our first date he didn’t seem to give his opinion much or compliment me? Idk if that’s a bad sign
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, I’m glad you think this. However some red flags were I’m pretty sure I saw him on the tinder app in the club? Maybe he accidentally went on it. Also his home screen is a half naked model. Do with that what you will haha. Also on our first date he didn’t seem to give his opinion much or compliment me? Idk if that’s a bad sign

Those seems like red flags to me.

Now it makes sense to me as to why your gut is telling you he has bad intentions.

For me, anyone with tinder is a red flag.. plus that picture as a screen saver- normal men don’t do that. A healthy, sexually active man would NOT have a half naked model as his screen saver. He reminds me of those men who have calendars of half naked women in their room.

Ask him who that is on his screen saver, maybe it’s a celebrity.

I wouldn’t ask him a thing, I would run for the hills from now.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by xobeauty
Now it makes sense to me as to why your gut is telling you he has bad intentions.

For me, anyone with tinder is a red flag.. plus that picture as a screen saver- normal men don’t do that. A healthy, sexually active man would NOT have a half naked model as his screen saver. He reminds me of those men who have calendars of half naked women in their room.

Ask him who that is on his screen saver, maybe it’s a celebrity.

I wouldn’t ask him a thing, I would run for the hills from now.

He told me he downloaded tinder when he was bored during covid yet he wants a second date with me? And his screen saver hmmm I guess he is a teenager and guys do have stuff like that same with girl with male celebs as their screen savers. I’m just tryna find the good in this
He told me he downloaded tinder when he was bored during covid yet he wants a second date with me? And his screen saver hmmm I guess he is a teenager and guys do have stuff like that same with girl with male celebs as their screen savers. I’m just tryna find the good in this

He could be lying/making excuses about the tinder thing. It nice of you to try find the good in this but make you don't keep excusing the potential red flags you see.

You’re trying to find the good in this because you want to ignore the red flags. I know how it is...
been there done that.

I hope I’m wrong.
You saw him on tinder while at the club, that means he’s keeping his options open. Which hes allowed to do since he’s not in a relationship with you. 🙂
I agree with running for the hills so to speak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending